Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Interview Invites/regrets 2016

A  premed gunner told me it was a equivalent of a 10 and not very good for McMaster. I took his word for it. 

Edit: Actually now that I did some more research 128 is not bad. :P It will be right at the cutoffs too for Western and Queens I think?

If you compare the percentile range to the old MCAT it would be greater than a 10, more like an 11. Nobody really knows what the cutoffs for western and queens will be this year, however, I believe that a 128 should be good enough for both schools.  

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't think it would happen this year !!!!! (Reapplicant, no interview last year.  Same stats and VR this year)

Invite: Yes!

GPA: 3.67

Verbal: 11

Casper: Thought it went well.  Able to improve by buckling down and preparing for it and it paid off !!! Definitely felt it was much more manageable this year

Older applicant, career change from RN.  

Invite
Date Stamp:
13/01/2016 - 11:44 AM
Verbal: 130 
GPA: 3.93
 Current year: Non-trad, BSc '06, MBA '09
ECs: I'm an older non-trad, so I have a ton of work/volunteer experience, plus some "traditional" stuff I did 10 years ago during my UG. Here's a quick summary: UG research, triathlete, coach, entrepreneur, military, part-time college prof, father of 2.

CASPER: I thought it went well - also got an interview with Ottawa, so it probably was scored decently.

Invite: Yes!

cGPA: 3.66

VR: 13

Casper: Felt much better this year. I tried to evaluate both sides and explain why I went with my decision, and even though I used this process for the majority of my answers evidently it worked.

IP

Second time applying, graduating from undergrad this year. cGPA only went from a 3.6 to 3.66, but felt much better about CASPer this year. Good luck to everyone!

Time Stamp: Jan 13

Regrets
GPA: 3.54
CARS: 125
Casper: Pretty good (although nothing could save the GPA and CARS combo) 
4th year UG

IP

Completely expected - I had received my MCAT score after the application deadline, so I was really hoping for a high CARS to balance out my GPA....this clearly didn't happen haha. Good luck to everyone who is interviewing :) 

Just got offered an interview off the waitlist. Wendy emailed me Jan 17th afternoon, I replied, then she sent me the official interview invite this morning, with a deadline of next Friday to confirm.

Posted earlier in the thread, but...

cGPA: 3.83ish

Verbal: 13

Casper: Was meh, but a bit better than last year I thought

OOP

Finishing Masters degree

Interview is 8:30 am on April 9th I'll be accepting.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Leon unpinned this topic

Archived