Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview Discussion 2016

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh! I wonder if all the invites have been sent out?

who knows - that is exactly why you cannot have glitches in the email send off as it leaves a lot of people hanging.

It is annoying that the admissions offices don't always have the IT support they need to send these things out quickly - I have seen it at many schools. Makes it a more error prone process than it needs to be.

who knows - that is exactly why you cannot have glitches in the email send off as it leaves a lot of people hanging.

It is annoying that the admissions offices don't always have the IT support they need to send these things out quickly - I have seen it at many schools. Makes it a more error prone process than it needs to be.

Thanks for that insight rmorelan, it's nice to have the support of someone who's been through the process already.  Regardless, the decisions have already been made so I hope everyone here isn't stressing out too much about this.  Keep positive everyone, good things happen to those who wait!  Best of luck friends :)

So 90 out of 500 applicants interviewed....ouch. That's 18% acceptance rate post-interview.

that doesn't include the waitlist movement - which is kind of important overall as many schools have around a 50% waitlist movement give or take. Not surprisingly there is overlap - strong candidates can get multiple offers.

Queens is sure interviews comparatively a lot of people - Western has 70% more spots and interviews less. However don't be thinking your chances are that low - it is a distraction.

For those who still haven't received an email-- can you post what kind of email you asked to be contacted by? My friends have I have noticed that it's only those who used hotmail among us who are affected. Not sure if coincidental or systematic problem. Thanks!

Yea I'm on outlook (hotmail) as well...

For those who still haven't received an email-- can you post what kind of email you asked to be contacted by? My friends have I have noticed that it's only those who used hotmail among us who are affected. Not sure if coincidental or systematic problem. Thanks!

I'm using my university's email, which the queens "thank you for applying" email and other invites have been successfully received.

Does Queens actually take whichever is higher? Also, any confirmation if when you receive an e-mail corresponds to pre-interview ranking?

Hey! I emailed them 2 cycles ago, the first time I applied, to ask if they take the higher GPA calculation and the answer was "yes". And then the lower GPA (whichever that is for you) is not taken into consideration by the file reviewer(s) at all.

Also, I'm not sure about an answer to your second question, but I can't imagine that the order of the e-mails corresponds to pre-interview ranking. Anyone that's more familiar with the process have any insights?

Hey! I emailed them 2 cycles ago, the first time I applied, to ask if they take the higher GPA calculation and the answer was "yes". And then the lower GPA (whichever that is for you) is not taken into consideration by the file reviewer(s) at all.

Also, I'm not sure about an answer to your second question, but I can't imagine that the order of the e-mails corresponds to pre-interview ranking. Anyone that's more familiar with the process have any insights?

I can vouch for the higher GPA of the 2 calculations being taken. It is on the website and the admissions office emailed it to me in response to an unrelated question I asked them (lol).

While I cannot say for certain, I wouldn't read into the "what time your email was sent to you" thing or the "what interview date you have" thing that posters have asked about at other schools that unlike Queen's, have pre-scheduled interviews and do not allow applicants to choose.

Seriously, they liked you enough to send you an interview invite. What you do with that is up to you and whether you are hypothetically at the "top" or "bottom" of the ranked list at this point likely isn't the most valuable information to you. You should prepare yourself adequately regardless.

Good luck!

Seriously, they liked you enough to send you an interview invite. What you do with that is up to you and whether you are hypothetically at the "top" or "bottom" of the ranked list at this point likely isn't the most valuable information to you. You should prepare yourself adequately regardless.

Good luck!

Just be a BOSS.

Started from the bottom has a better ring to it anyway. Summon the power of the 6God

Thanks for your reply wheeler

I put my hotmail email address too! Stupid hotmail!

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived