Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview Discussion 2016

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I'd rather be in your position right now (having finished the interview). There's so much time until the next interview weekend and I have no idea what to do with my time lol

That's true, there is a certain relief to just being done. Although now I've just switched to replaying the moments I don't think went well over and over in my head for the next 2 months. The anxiety never ends lol....

That's true, there is a certain relief to just being done. Although now I've just switched to replaying the moments I don't think went well over and over in my head for the next 2 months. The anxiety never ends lol....

Yep, I left feeling like I did well (with the exception of one or two MMIs). Now I'm convinced I bombed it. Which sucks, because Queens is my first choice. 

Yep, I left feeling like I did well (with the exception of one or two MMIs). Now I'm convinced I bombed it. Which sucksl, because Queens is my first choice. 

That is the perfect description of how I feel as well. I walked out happy with how it went, but after deciding that I absolutely loved Queen's, I've managed to convince myself that there is no way I could be in the 90 people that will get accepted

Not sure but I just looked at minimum values. Anyway here's the link. Have a look and let me know what you think.

Edit:

New stats and values have been updated! 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxz0j-2f_P4mTkxGWlJRdUZPU0E/view?usp=sharing

Hey so I've noticed there are quite a few people on PM101 who have gotten interviews @ QMed and haven't posted their stats. If anybody is interested in pming me their stats I'd be happy to update the invites document. There would be no way of identifying who you were, firstly because I have not included who the stats came from and secondly, because almost everyone uses a pseudonym.  It would be interesting to see if there are people with lower stats than what's already listed and to increase the sample size a little bit. Thanks :)

Try not to worry too much about the stats.  I was in exactly the same boat as you two years ago (I'm a 2nd year), and thought there was no way I could possibly get in, especially with my abysmal interview track record. I also didn't feel great about my Queen's interview afterwards.

Remember that different schools are looking for different types of people, and if you loved Queen's then that might indicate your the type of student Queen's is looking for.  And if you don't get in, it doesn't mean that you're not the type of student Queen's is looking for, you may have just been unlucky.  The waitlist will also move.  A lot of the same students are applying to all the Ontario schools, and Queen's interviews a lot of out of province students too, so even though 500 seems like a lot there are people in there who have their hearts set to go to different schools.

Good luck, and I hope you are successful!

I'm sure I'm not alone when  I say thank you for writing this, restored a bit of hope that maybe Queen's liked me even half as much as I liked it! 

That 500 is just intimidating, even though I felt ok with how my interview went, it's hard to imagine it being good enough to stand out in such a strong group!

Helpful tip, try your best to just distract yourself with everyday life once you've interviewed, and don't psych yourself out thinking about how you think your interview went.

From my own personal experience, my immediate reaction after interviewing was that I thought it went really well (surprisingly so)...within a week I thought I bombed every station and could remember more things I forgot to say than things I actually said, lol.

It ended well, but my summer was an uncomfortable mixture of anxiety and excitement.

Immediately after the interview I felt great........then I started replaying the moments, doubting myself, and thinking of a thousand better answers!! Just trying to focus on how honoured I felt to have an interview there and get to explore a beautiful city. 

Does anyone know exactly when the final decisions are going to start being mailed out? Solus logins start May 12.....?

my immediate reaction after interviewing was that I thought it went really well (surprisingly so)...within a week I thought I bombed every station and could remember more things I forgot to say than things I actually said, lol.

Story of my life right now... It's going to be a long wait until May 10th

Does anyone know if Queens use follow-up questions? Or do you sit in silence after completing the station? 

Might be unfair to share that info, sorry  :(

Everyone who interviewed last weekend was in the dark until 5 minutes before the interview started!

Not really interview-related but did people already receive their student number for the Admissions Bursary application? I'm interviewing in April so I'm not sure if they send those out at different times depending on when your interview date is

I have yet to receive mine but anticipate that they should be sent out sometime next week as the deadline for submission is March 31st, if I remember correctly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how many people are interviewed? I've heard so many different numbers so was just wondering 

From people who got regrets, they said the letters suggested ~500. i don't know about exact numbers though

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else's SOLUS login working?

Mine isn't..says "Authentication Failed"

Hmm mine is working right now, but I had set mine up a while ago. When I did that though I had trouble logging in so I called tech support and they were very, very helpful!

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived