Premed 101 Forums

Verfiers Contacted

Unfortunately, sunnyy is probably right. Had one of mine contacted last year and I was rejected while others also had verifiers contacted and got in.

Also, those marking the supplemental section aren't the ones who ultimately decide who gets in so it wouldn't make sense that having verifiers contacted would mean anything.

One of my verifiers told me she received a verifier form from Dal! Anybody else?

Does this mean anything? Anybody know the level of excitement appropriate for this situation?

Common question, but it basically means nothing. Some people who are accepted have no verifiers contacted and some people who got accepted have more than one contacted. Your level of excitement should be neutral haha. 

I know it's hard, but try not to read into it! It's a random process.  

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously though....why does it take so long compared to elsewhere? 

Compared to where? Dal is one of the first schools to send out decisions-months before almost everywhere else. 

If your asking why it takes so long post-interview (compared to April interviews/May decisions in ON) my guess is that because Dal seems to score the full files after the interviews, rather than before, like most schools do. So most of the work (I'd imagine) comes after the interviews instead of before. Hence why it takes Toronto 6 months longer to send out interview invites/rejections than Dal 

I am so glad that Dal sends out decisions as early as they do. Although the thought of getting that email is absolutely terrifying.....

Archived