Premed 101 Forums

I'm just wondering what kind of grades are needed for the Medical program. Would a 3.5 gpa be good enough? Also, do they take your two best years? or all the grades in your entire bachelor's degree? 

I think 3.8-3.9/4.3 is the minimum competitive gpa- but it depends on degree program, etc (e.g. from pharmacy maybe lower)...  All years are counted and one way to increase gpa is to finish degrees (BSc, MSc,...).  Also without really strong French, you will find it difficult (some anglophones have been known to have to take time off, etc..).  If you are not IP or maritimes, there is really very little chance... (1 seat OOP)

I think 3.8-3.9/4.3 is the minimum competitive gpa- but it depends on degree program, etc (e.g. from pharmacy maybe lower)...  All years are counted and one way to increase gpa is to finish degrees (BSc, MSc,...).  Also without really strong French, you will find it difficult (some anglophones have been known to have to take time off, etc..).  If you are not IP or maritimes, there is really very little chance... (1 seat OOP)

Would a 3.774/4.3, for instance, be rounded to a 3.8? I had gotten into UdeM med en cours de bac in 2013 with a 3.8 in law. I now have a completed degree, and wondering if my application is competitive for the faculties this year, despite the numerous changes in admissions policy. Never got an interview at McGill.

Would a 3.774/4.3, for instance, be rounded to a 3.8? I had gotten into UdeM med en cours de bac in 2013 with a 3.8 in law. I now have a completed degree, and wondering if my application is competitive for the faculties this year, despite the numerous changes in admissions policy. Never got an interview at McGill.

I'm not sure of the rounding policies.  I believe someone mentioned UdeM keeps two numbers after the decimal.  The link to the tables for Laval is here: 

https://www2.ulaval.ca/fileadmin/admission/Guides/table-etalons-hiver-2016.pdf

McGill also looks at ECs.  Your gpa on the McGill scale was probably about 3.7 (slightly below average) and you may not have had enough ECs to compensate.

• 1 month later...

I completed my undergraduate degree in McGilll in Anatomy and Cell Biology with a 3.81 GPA. What are my chances to get an interview at Sherbrooke University?

I know someone who got into UdeM Pharmacy last year with around a 3.6/4 in your program (and the cut-off for pharmacy was a 34.8 CRU last year) so you should definitely consider UdeM! 

Archived