Premed 101 Forums

Dermatology In Quebec Province (Only One Interview?)

hello, I would like to know if ULAVAL, Sherbrooke and UDEM are planning interviews together for dermatology applications. I've noticed on Carms website that interviews for all 3 universities were held on feb 5 this year so it makes me think that there is only one interview for all 3 sites like they do in fam med. Am I right?

thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/10/2016 at 8:45 PM, JJ1985 said:

All the french universities have their interviews together for Dermatology

Wow I knew this was a thing for family medicine, but I didn't think it was also a think for dermatology... In this case, how would you express your interest for a specific school? And what happens if you bomb that interview6

4 minutes ago, Med Life Crisis said:

Wow I knew this was a thing for family medicine, but I didn't think it was also a think for dermatology... In this case, how would you express your interest for a specific school? And what happens if you bomb that interview6

It's a MMI common interview, and if you bomb the interview then you're done.  The schools use slightly different criteria - the UdeS isn't really a program as mentioned above, only first year.  

2 minutes ago, marrakech said:

It's a MMI common interview, and if you bomb the interview then you're done.  The schools use slightly different criteria - the UdeS isn't really a program as mentioned above, only first year.  

If Sherbrooke ranks you first, is it meaningless if the other schools rank you unfavourably? 

Seriously Carms is the most confusing and stressful system I have ever seen. It's crazy how school's tell us not to worry about residency until we're in clerkships.. 

29 minutes ago, Med Life Crisis said:

If Sherbrooke ranks you first, is it meaningless if the other schools rank you unfavourably? 

Seriously Carms is the most confusing and stressful system I have ever seen. It's crazy how school's tell us not to worry about residency until we're in clerkships.. 

Possibly, according to the above poster.  The website gives the following - that one must apply to all three programs:

"Conséquemment, les candidats qui appliquent pour un poste de résidence de dermatologie à l’Université de Sherbrooke doivent obligatoirement appliquer aussi à ceux de l’Université de Montréal et Laval. Les candidats n’ayant pas appliqué aux trois programmes seront automatiquement exclus du processus de sélection pour l’obtention d’un poste de résidence en dermatologie à l’Université de Sherbrooke."

Archived