Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers Post Interview

I was wondering if anyone can confirm whether verifiers were contacted post interview? 

I am just wondering if it is a good idea to get in touch with all verifiers again post-interview. I double checked with everyone prior to submitting, but that was quite a few months ago at this point. 

What do others think?

Good question. I think it is very unlikely to happen, but you never know. Having talked to many people about it, I haven't heard of any instances.

I think they check some of your verifiers before interview, and if they all verify then it is assumed that your application is an honest one. Thus, when they look at your application again post interview as part of the holistic review, it has already been checked (and assumed to be genuine).

I think julbilaya's 'northern section' refers to the rural med section of the application. They go through a separate file review and get a rural suitability score so maybe they contact verifiers for rural activities applicants listed after the interview is done? I haven't heard of any verifiers getting contacted post-interview but had 3 of mine contacted pre-interview this year.

• 3 weeks later...

2 of my verifiers (that I know of) got contacted last week via phone

one even had a 15-min discussion lol, I'm surprised they have the resources to do that

Wow by phone??

Was this just to "verify" the information or did they ask anything outside what you provided them?

Were these "unique and special" activities or just randomly done? 

Wow.... it's been a while since I have been in touch with my verifiers..... not sure why UBC is doing this at this stage..

Wow by phone??

Was this just to "verify" the information or did they ask anything outside what you provided them?

Were these "unique and special" activities or just randomly done? 

Wow.... it's been a while since I have been in touch with my verifiers..... not sure why UBC is doing this at this stage..

It's possible they emailed the verifiers and they didn't respond. It would make sense to call them as the next step.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure whether or not to get into contact with my verifiers.

CD.flamy, can you confirm whether or not they were references AND verifiers? Or just verifiers?

Archived