Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie Invites (Invite/reject)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got in! Letters were sent out today but

You can email jo-anne and ask to be notified ny email.

I was also accepted! I am IP

I have been following this thread for a long time, also accepted! I'm just glad the wait is finally over!

Congrats to all of the applicants who got accepted! :) do you guys mind sharing your stats? also can you please name the resources you used to prepare for the DAT? thanks 

Congrats to all of the applicants who got accepted! :) do you guys mind sharing your stats? also can you please name the resources you used to prepare for the DAT? thanks 

Thank you! 

IP

GPA: 4.15

DAT: RC 23 AA 22 PAT 22  

Interview: Unsure of score but it went really well

To prepare I bought the blue Kaplan DAT prep book and a book specifically to help prepare for the PAT section (The Gold Standard)

Thank you! 

IP

GPA: 4.15

DAT: RC 23 AA 22 PAT 22  

Interview: Unsure of score but it went really well

To prepare I bought the blue Kaplan DAT prep book and a book specifically to help prepare for the PAT section (The Gold Standard)

KDent15, I have a question for you! from my understanding, you applied to the DDS program at DAL last year and were wait listed, this year you were accepted! I was wondering what you did differently in this one year that helped your application. Did you go back and take more courses to get a higher GPA or did you rewrite the DAT? I am asking this because I am wait listed now, I want to apply again next year if this year doesn't work, but I don't know what's the best way to improve my application. any advice is appreciated

KDent15, I have a question for you! from my understanding, you applied to the DDS program at DAL last year and were wait listed, this year you were accepted! I was wondering what you did differently in this one year that helped your application. Did you go back and take more courses to get a higher GPA or did you rewrite the DAT? I am asking this because I am wait listed now, I want to apply again next year if this year doesn't work, but I don't know what's the best way to improve my application. any advice is appreciated

Are you on the IP waitlist as well? Do you mind sharing your stats? 

Im wondering what the cutline was for us waitlisters  :)

It is hard to say honestly... I did rewrite the Dat, but only because it had expired since I wrote it 2 years ago and I received pretty much the same scores on it. I interviewed again so maybe I had a higher interview score this year? I wish I could be of more help but I am really not sure what made the difference. I did not retake any courses. Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully you hear some good news soon!

Archived