• 66-66.9
    • 65-65.9
    • 64-64.9
    • 63-63.9
    • 62-62.9
    • 61-61.9
    • 60-60.9
    • Below 60

Congrats on your acceptance, the wait is over :). I'm curious, is acceptance off the waitlist based solely on your score?

Yes, but not the same score that you would have calculated from adding your section scores together. It's based on Z-scores I believe, so it depends on the variation within each section's scores and how you did relative to others

Yes, but not the same score that you would have calculated from adding your section scores together. It's based on Z-scores I believe, so it depends on the variation within each section's scores and how you did relative to others

Ya I saw in a post in another waitlist post that the z-score is calculated slightly different than the score they give us, so we don't know exactly where we are on the waitlist.

Ya I saw in a post in another waitlist post that the z-score is calculated slightly different than the score they give us, so we don't know exactly where we are on the waitlist.

Congrats! Great news. I have also come across this Z-score topic only once and I was not sure how reliable the source was. Would you be okay sharing your score break down? 

Congrats! Great news. I have also come across this Z-score topic only once and I was not sure how reliable the source was. Would you be okay sharing your score break down? 

I called at one point in the fall and asked what kind of feedback would be given, so I could focus my efforts to reapply if needed, and they talked about how section scores (not sure how it's divided) would be given to help you see were to improve, but it comparing your summed scores to others wouldn't allow you to accurately 'place' yourself 

I called at one point in the fall and asked what kind of feedback would be given, so I could focus my efforts to reapply if needed, and they talked about how section scores (not sure how it's divided) would be given to help you see were to improve, but it comparing your summed scores to others wouldn't allow you to accurately 'place' yourselfI

I see, Thanks. So I assume now it makes sense that higher summed score does not mean higher rank on the list as I have not also heard anyone with a higher score being accepted yet. I find this thread very helpful. Thanks to all of you who keep us updated;).

Now, I am wondering how likely it is to hear anything back after June? We are supposed to wait right before the classes begin?! 

Does anyone know why we haven't heard anything yet on the forums? Doesn't seem like OOP or IP waitlists are moving at all despite being over 2 weeks after OMSAS letters were sent out

Looks like we're all in the same boat. A friend of mine at Dal knows someone who was accepted off the IP waitlist (before OMSAS waitlist offers started going out), but hasn't heard anything else besides that.. hopefully there's just an administrative delay or something because yeah it seems odd that it's still so quiet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't give up until September! I have had many friends get in off the waitlist in August and September. 

It has moved also.  I got Accepted!!

Good news, Thanks, I assumed no one really aims to drop a seat this late! Also, It would be helpful to have your score break down or...maybe it would not be helpful at this point! :)) I really don't know, but share it if it was okay ;) 

Don't give up until September! I have had many friends get in off the waitlist in August and September. 

It has moved also.  I got Accepted!!

Yes if you are comfortable sharing, I'd love to know your score breakdown! Mostly so I can further torture myself.... hahaha

hahah! well I am curious mostly because I didnt get a chance to have a feedback appointment and I really do not know what Should be improved !

Yes if you are comfortable sharing, I'd love to know your score breakdown! Mostly so I can further torture myself.... hahaha

• 3 weeks later...

Archived