• 72-72.9
    • 71-71.9
    • 70-70.9
    • 69-69.9
    • 68-68.9
    • 67-67.9
    • 66-66.9
    • <65.9

They might start soon! ON offers came out yesterday, and we have until May 24th to decide (and decline other schools if so), so it might move starting this week and likely lots in late may/early June!

Thanks for the info! This is good news to us on 'hold.'

• 2 weeks later...

I know! I was expecting more posting about getting off the waitlist since OOP's are supposed to move quite a bit.. .Carolyn has said 10-15 spots on average but I'm thinking(hoping) it's still a bit early for the majority of movement to be over. Some Ontario schools are likely just starting to move their waitlists so it should take some time for that to affect accepted/waitlisted Dal applicants- and I believe some schools don't start moving their waitlist until the 2 week acceptance deadline? I would assume they just keep us waiting till semester starts, because last minute drop outs have happened before 

I know! I was expecting more posting about getting off the waitlist since OOP's are supposed to move quite a bit.. .Carolyn has said 10-15 spots on average but I'm thinking(hoping) it's still a bit early for the majority of movement to be over. Some Ontario schools are likely just starting to move their waitlists so it should take some time for that to affect accepted/waitlisted Dal applicants- and I believe some schools don't start moving their waitlist until the 2 week acceptance deadline? I would assume they just keep us waiting till semester starts, because last minute drop outs have happened before 

Try not to worry yet, if you can! The ON deadline for first round offers is just today, and except 1/6 schools they don't move waitlists until later this week. There is a huge amount of redundancy in the Ontario offers (most people tend to get 2-3 offers or none, it seems) so there's generally 50-100 people accepted off waitlists per school in ON. Potentially opening up the Dal OOP list, since they likely want to stay closer to home 

I remember from Dal, hearing that most of the waitlist movement is OOP, and they've gone through the whole thing some years!

Anyone know if I can remain on the OOP wait list after accepting an offer for grad school? I got an offer for a Masters (at a medical school hospital; it figures) today and the supervisor wants me to start in July. I don't want to accept it if that means I'll be removed from the list (I'm pretty low in it, I imagine, but Dal is my dream school).

Anyone know if I can remain on the OOP wait list after accepting an offer for grad school? I got an offer for a Masters (at a medical school hospital; it figures) today and the supervisor wants me to start in July. I don't want to accept it if that means I'll be removed from the list (I'm pretty low in it, I imagine, but Dal is my dream school).

I'd give the admissions office a call just to be safe - it's better to get your info right from the source.

I'd give the admissions office a call just to be safe - it's better to get your info right from the source.

You're fine. That situation is extremely common-they don't expect you to waste a year because you were on a waitlist. The vast majority of people do that.

You can be accepted to another med school even and still remain on the Dal waitlist, or get offers from other med schools and still remain on the Dal waitlist. the only thing that you can't do, is pay deposits at multiple med schools and not decline one of them shortly after!

You're fine. That situation is extremely common-they don't expect you to waste a year because you were on a waitlist. The vast majority of people do that.

You can be accepted to another med school even and still remain on the Dal waitlist, or get offers from other med schools and still remain on the Dal waitlist. the only thing that you can't do, is pay deposits at multiple med schools and not decline one of them shortly after!

Yeah, thanks!

Admissions office confirmed this. Accepting other offers don't remove you from the wait list; if you pay deposits at two schools then you have 48 hours to decline one of the offers.

Anyone hear anything? I tried to get some info from admissions today about how many waitlist offers they've sent out, but as expected they're playing it close to the chest

I'm starting to think that maybe this year the spots have been filled already. Either that or there has been movement outside of this forum. I thought that last year most of the movement happened in late May, but I could be wrong (perhaps my skills in navigating these forums is not as good).

Did they just not answer how many wait list offers have gone out? Haha

I'm starting to think that maybe this year the spots have been filled already. Either that or there has been movement outside of this forum. I thought that last year most of the movement happened in late May, but I could be wrong (perhaps my skills in navigating these forums is not as good).

Pretty much.. I wish they weren't so secretive about it hah, I think most people would rather just know their position/how much the list is moving instead always being in the dark. BTW has any wait-lister been able to schedule a feedback session? 

Had emailed in May but they wouldn't give me one since I was on the waitlist. I didn't find when I had one last year that it was too valuable though. It mainly consisted of them asking me how I planned on improving my interview rather than giving me any insight into where I went wrong.

Had emailed in May but they wouldn't give me one since I was on the waitlist. I didn't find when I had one last year that it was too valuable though. It mainly consisted of them asking me how I planned on improving my interview rather than giving me any insight into where I went wrong.

When I got my feedback after my rejection last year they told me that even they thought their standards for ECs were ridiculously high and told me to consider applying to Ottawa's French stream for the next cycle haha. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Dal  :wub:

You're right, a lot of movement happened around May 27th for the OOP spots, but I know people that were accepted in June, so don't give up hope!! 

When I got my feedback after my rejection last year they told me that even they thought their standards for ECs were ridiculously high and told me to consider applying to Ottawa's French stream for the next cycle haha. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Dal  :wub:

Wow that's pretty surprising, I would've thought they'd give a bit more insight than that. Did they at least provide the score breakdown for the supplementals and essay to see which category was hurting the total score? 

Wow that's pretty surprising, I would've thought they'd give a bit more insight than that. Did they at least provide the score breakdown for the supplementals and essay to see which category was hurting the total score? 

Nope, not for me anyway. My interview score was horrible (like truly embarrassing) last year but they said they couldn't give me any specific info about where I went wrong because I was just below the average accepted score, no red flags or glaring problems or anything like that. So I wouldn't worry too much if you can't get a feedback appointment. My feedback from MUN last year was marginally more encouraging but not overly helpful either haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived