June 19 - #17

July 7 - #21

July 27 - #23

July 29 - #24

August 3 - #25

August 5 - #26

This is solely IP.

Good luck!

Thanks for the post, looks encouraging. BTW where is this info from and how accurate is it? Hope everyone on the Waitlist gets in. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone ! 

I was wondering what is the explanation to why in june and july the waitlist moves so much in general (based on the numbers from last year, posted by Bananasinpyjamas in this topic) ? Besides the 500$ deposit that is no longer refundable in june, what could explain the waitlist to move that much? 

It's been a week now since UdeM, Sherbrooke and ULaval gave their admission results and I think UOttawa and other english schools gave theirs too (could somebody confirm?), and it only moved two spots to rank 6 since... maybe I'm just not patient enough haha but I need to keep hoping it will move significantly. 

Thank you :)

Hi everyone ! 

I was wondering what is the explanation to why in june and july the waitlist moves so much in general (based on the numbers from last year, posted by Bananasinpyjamas in this topic) ? Besides the 500$ deposit that is no longer refundable in june, what could explain the waitlist to move that much? 

It's been a week now since UdeM, Sherbrooke and ULaval gave their admission results and I think UOttawa and other english schools gave theirs too (could somebody confirm?), and it only moved two spots to rank 6 since... maybe I'm just not patient enough haha but I need to keep hoping it will move significantly. 

Thank you :)

Maybe some people are waitlisted at different places and reject offers later once they are accepted somewhere.

May 12 - WL # released

June 11 - #14

June 16 - #16

June 19 - #17

July 7 - #21

July 27 - #23

July 29 - #24

August 3 - #25

August 5 - #26

This is solely IP.

Good luck!

I'm assuming these include both University and Med-P from the rate at which it's moving (#6 Uni and #16 Med-P).

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the number of people accepted off the University IP waitlist last year (25 according to Bananasinpyjamas' post) is fairly consistent across years? Anyone have stats from other years? Just wondering how likely it is that the list will reach 15 this year...

Does anyone know if the number of people accepted off the University IP waitlist last year (25 according to Bananasinpyjamas' post) is fairly consistent across years? Anyone have stats from other years? Just wondering how likely it is that the list will reach 15 this year...

Hey Bobtail !

You can see in this document the stats of previous years (offer declined numbers)  https://www.afmc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/en/Publications/AdmissionsBook2016-Final-EN.pdf

Also, last year, on june 11, according to a McGill topic I read on this website, they went up 15 spots in IP category in a day. It might be correlated with the fact that on june 15, the 500$ deposit is not refundable anymore. So we have to stay patient ! I expect this week or next week being a game changer, well I hope so :P !! 

Hang in there ! 

Archived