Premed 101 Forums

U Of Alberta –– Is It Possible I Got Flagged.

Hi, I am a little worried. Following the MMI interview at Alberta, I was standing in a group with 3 people and one of them decided to swear rather loudly. What is the likelihood for me to get flagged because of this? 

Best, 

Why would you be flagged because someone else swore? 

I'm going to say zero chance. 

Hi, I am a little worried. Following the MMI interview at Alberta, I was standing in a group with 3 people and one of them decided to swear rather loudly. What is the likelihood for me to get flagged because of this? 

Best, 

F@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$

Don't report me kthxbye /s

In all seriousness I think the chance is low to none at all, especially if it wasn't even during the MMI circuit. 

- G

I was standing near some people swearing too before the MMI started, but realistically the only people who would've heard them would've been the track leaders.
I doubt that the track leaders would've reported them, the rest of the content of their discussion wasn't disturbing (racist, sexist, etc.)

Track leaders are first year med students and they are instructed to report any unprofessional behaviors and yup, swearing in the hospital while you're here for a professional interview is considered unprofessional 

Different from standing in the general proximity of someone who swears.  Don't give this one more second of worry, seriously. 

• 2 weeks later...

Track leaders are first year med students and they are instructed to report any unprofessional behaviors and yup, swearing in the hospital while you're here for a professional interview is considered unprofessional 

Absolutely no 'multi-red-flags'. The person asked if THEY would get a red flag for someone else's behavior. Even if the wrong person was identified, it would be handled with the weight and context of it being a large group of people. I.e. it would get thrown out as a red flag unless the applicant had other serious red flags during interviews.

Archived