Premed 101 Forums

Interview Clothing

what is the standard for ot/pt interviews?  what did you/plan to wear?  if you had an interview already, what were most people wearing?

thanks

easier for guys than girls. standard dress pants and dress shirt. some people wear ties some don't. some weat suit jackets some don't. girls need to be formal. no sleeveless, knee length or below, not too tight fitting, ... 

i read this somewhere

thanks, great to know

i was going to wear a suit because that's all i could find on other forums, but i think i'd be more comfortable minus the jacket

and what about colour?  is colour okay?

Whatever you're comfortable in is fine. I will say that having interviewed applicants at my school this past application cycle, if you're prone to sweating a lot, please wear a suit jacket. I would anticipate you wouldn't be penalized in any way for being sweaty, but it's just not a good look.

For colour, wear whatever you'd like. You are being critiqued on how you respond to the question(s) at the MMI, not whether your shirt and tie match.

A lot of girls were wearing dress pants with a blazer + a nice shirt.  

For the guys, there were a few in full out suits, but some were just wearing dress pants and a dress shirt.  

did any girls wear dresses with blazers? I don't like how I look in dress pants lol

did any girls wear dresses with blazers? I don't like how I look in dress pants lol

I don't remember seeing any girls in dresses, but honestly as long as you look professional you'll be fine.  Wear whatever you feel comfortable/confident in, because that's really what's important. The interviewers will pay more attention to the way you present yourself than the clothes you are wearing. 

I don't remember seeing any girls in dresses, but honestly as long as you look professional you'll be fine.  Wear whatever you feel comfortable/confident in, because that's really what's important. The interviewers will pay more attention to the way you present yourself than the clothes you are wearing. 

ok thanks

that's exactly what i was thinking.  i could present myself better in clothes that i feel more comfortable in, so i'm ditching the jacket.  haha thanks

Archived