Premed 101 Forums

May 15Th Support Group

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The screen in the admission office just says by May 15th. I guess that's just their deadline to make the offers.

I talked to someone in the office and the guy apparently isn't supposed to say things like that since there's a ton of administrative stuff that goes on before they can actually give their offers.

Shall we draw straws?

Someone should be a keener and email the admissions office ;)

I wasn't going to say this, but I think it's best not to bug the office. I have already emailed and requested an early release of decisions (for everyone) due to some specific circumstances (mainly the logistics behind choosing a US school where I am accepted or going back to a Canadian school if I get in). Let's not annoy them more.

[fyi, the response was a favourable "we can discuss this with our committee".]

I wasn't going to say this, but I think it's best not to bug the office. I have already emailed and requested an early release of decisions (for everyone) due to some specific circumstances (mainly the logistics behind choosing a US school where I am accepted or going back to a Canadian school if I get in). Let's not annoy them more.

[fyi, the response was a favourable "we can discuss this with our committee".]

I thought the date was already set. Does this mean they could potentially release results whenever they are ready as opposed to on one day that has already been set, such as May 13?

I thought the date was already set. Does this mean they could potentially release results whenever they are ready as opposed to on one day that has already been set, such as May 13?

Well, sure the date is set. That doesn't mean you can't ask for them to do it early if you have a good reason to request it. Whether or not they actually will is a different story. 

I would LOVE to know sooner, but I can appreciate the fact that there are a lot of factors we are not aware of that need attention/managing during this time. Still, May 13th couldn't come sooner...

As a current med student: I don't think you can possibly underestimate amount of disorganization and lack of execution in a med school office...

Archived