Premed 101 Forums

Moving To Edmonton

Hey, I'll be moving to Edmonton for residency this summer, and I was wondering if any of you had any advice about renting an apartment in Edmonton, such as good neighbourhoods to live in or any apartment building recommendations. I'll mostly be at U of A Hospital, but occasionally might be at the Royal Alex. I'm hoping to rent a 1 bedroom apartment ideally for <$1500 with en suite laundry +/- underground parking - still deciding if I'm going to buy a car or not. Close to U of A Hospital would be nice, but I'm fine with up to a 30-40 minute bus/LRT ride to the university. Thanks!

Windsor Park Plaza is a pretty decent place. It's almost right across the street from the U of A hospital. Also very close to the U of A transit centre, where you can take the train to the Alex. Can be a bit pricey ~1500, even more if it's on a higher floor, but with a great view. It was really nice when I lived there. Has a gym and a pool inside the building. No en suite laundry, though. I heard there might have been issues with bed bugs at some point, so it wouldn't hurt to clarify that with the landlord. :)

Welcome to Edmonton and good luck with your residency! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey just in regards to this post, my partner is a graduating med student at UofA and she is moving out of her apartment and it ticks off all the boxes! The place is brand new built, and just like a 10 minute walk from the U of A hospital just off Whyte ave.

here is a link:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-1-bedroom-den-apartments-condos/edmonton/modern-new-1bd-den-university-of-alberta-hospital-whyte-ave/1162466952?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Archived