Premed 101 Forums

2019 Western Admissions Video: Now With More Youtube

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't understand the point of making a half an hour long video....I feel like schools that are already academically strong, don't have to put in as much effort to attract premeds..UBC only had a 5 min long video and it was great..western is a try hard

I don't understand the point of making a half an hour long video....I feel like schools that are already academically strong, don't have to put in as much effort to attract premeds..UBC only had a 5 min long video and it was great..western is a try hard

I don't understand the point of insulting a particular school while there are people who are hoping more than anything to get accepted there tomorrow

And no, I have no personal affiliation to UBC or Western that's making me biased in saying that. 

U of T, the epitome of grueling academics, has had 20-30 minute videos. The videos are something first year classes do to welcome the next year's. If anything, not having a lengthy video might indicate that the school is lacking in a team atmosphere. Another dubious correlation, but I thought I'd match wits.  

Nice catch, I forgot about that one. 

And further, Queen's also had a 20+ min video. And you can't say queen's in known for being easy to gain acceptance too....

Yeah, pretty sure our class had a lot of fun making the video, and that's why we did it. There were really no scenes in it that actually promoted the school at all.

• 2 years later...