Premed 101 Forums

May 11, 2016 Support Thread

Guys, I've been so solid through the wait but my brain is taking this exact moment to freak out thinking that by this time next year I might be done my first year of med school. TIME IS GOING SO SLOWLY. 

On the other hand, I just got hired at my dream job just after graduating my UG, so if things don't go my way this year I know I'll have a great year in between. 

Good luck everyone!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I've been so solid through the wait but my brain is taking this exact moment to freak out thinking that by this time next year I might be done my first year of med school. TIME IS GOING SO SLOWLY. 

On the other hand, I just got hired at my dream job just after graduating my UG, so if things don't go my way this year I know I'll have a great year in between. 

Good luck everyone!!

I'm the complete opposite! I've been going crazy since about mid-March, and now I'm just numb. I think it's because I've accepted my probable rejection or something.

Congratulations on getting your dream job btw!  :)

Last year I was really excited and nervous at this time. This year I'm guarded toward getting overly invested in the outcome. If I get in I will allow myself to be ecstatic and to celebrate with friends and family and if I don't I will simply reapply, rinse, and repeat. I am fortunate enough to be able to shadow an orthopod tomorrow, so I am very excited to go and learn from him.

This is torture...every OAS email gives me the hibby jibbies but it is some solace that I am not going insane solo.

Haha I know ???? But don't stress -- whatever has happened, has happened and there is literally nothing we can do about it. Just a few days more, and we will all find out what's the plan for our next year to come

I cannot even focus on anything anymore, getting more and more nervous. Any tips on how I can continue focusing on my studies? :(

I'm an ON applicant but I do come to this thread sometimes, as we are also waiting until May (10 for us) ....anyway, I am not in undergrad anymore and working full-time but it doesn't seem to make a difference...it's pretty well impossible to keep focused at this point...I'm literally going to take on extra work this week so I can stay even busier....exercise can be a good way to not think about it...exercising while reading your book maybe? I need to keep everything occupied right now, body and mind if I'm to not think about stuff...and even that doesn't work that much...

Archived