Premed 101 Forums

May 11, 2016 Support Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still remember how it felt to wait for the news, just like it was yesterday. Hang in there guys, only a few more days. I'm a member of the class of 2019, and we're really looking forward to welcome the 2020's really soon :-) We'll be here waiting to help you get started in navigating the world of UBC Med :-D 

Though for most of the cycle UBC was my top choice, the July 30 graduate deadline and a few lifestyle/financial things might push me elsewhere... that's if I get in, definitely left a few interviewers wondering if they need to increase the pre-interview score cutoffs...

I hate making decisions.

Would you guys say interview is the most important thing at this point? Over analyzing literally every interaction...

Honestly, what's done is done. All decisions are made and final; there is literally nothing we can do now. And we're really close to find out. Hang in there, we'll find out in 2 days. Just try to relax and not think about it too much. I find exercise helps a lot actually in relieving the stress :)

Would you guys say interview is the most important thing at this point? Over analyzing literally every interaction...

IMO, I think it would be worth a lot more than AQ and NAQ (since these were already used prior to interview selection). However, UBC blog states that it's a holistic file review so everything will be looked at but my guess is that interview might play a bigger role for admission decision. Bottom line is that no one will ever know how each component plays a role post-interview :(

I think my interview went well, like I was happy with it, but you can never be sure if you hit what THEY were looking for ... that's what scary. Only because some people in these forums have said they came out feeling great at the interview and then ended up getting below average. I just hope that doesn't happen to me haha. 

Oh well, definitely going to keep myself preoccuppied with work/gym/movies/video games haha.

Has anyone else had a mind shift in the past few days to convincing themselves it is a no so they aren't as upset? Or is that just me?

Also for those applicants from previous years, have the emails traditionally gone out in the morning?

Do you guys know whether the email subject line varies depending on whether you are accepted/rejected/waitlisted?

Yes it does. Painful memories from last year: "UBC Undergrad Admissions: Application Status - Regrets After Interview"

My friends who got in last year had a different subject line than I did  :)

I'll be reading my email on my phone at work, where I'll most likely not be able to react. Wonder if I can get the whole subject line to show on my home screen...

From the application timeline online, it looks like the status will be updated on OAS so probably no email?

Archived