Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone found information about important dates (registration, first day of classes, etc)? I'm sure we will get this info along with our official invites, but just wondering if anyone has found it online anywhere.

http://www.mcgill.ca/spot/files/spot/important_calendar_dates_2016-2017_-_final.pdf

I didn't look into registration yet, but for U3/QY everyone takes the same classes, so I'm not too worried about that  :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone found information about important dates (registration, first day of classes, etc)? I'm sure we will get this info along with our official invites, but just wondering if anyone has found it online anywhere.

Speaking of the official invites, does anyone know what criteria GPS is reviewing?  When do we submit our official transcripts?

Speaking of the official invites, does anyone know what criteria GPS is reviewing?  When do we submit our official transcripts?

I'm not sure what they are reviewing and haven't heard anything about submitting official transcripts

Has anyone gotten their official invite off of Uapply? We were supposed to hear back by Monday...

I haven't gotten one either

I'm not sure what they are reviewing and haven't heard anything about submitting official transcripts

I haven't gotten one either

Either way,  good luck to everyone this year regarding whatever happens next..Hopefully everything goes well.  See you all in September and enjoy your summer.

Start preparing a Letter of continued interest (LOCI) and sell them on that experience.  I was about to send mine this week.  Make a good case and see what happens.

Thanks, thats a great suggestion. I will see if I can send one in. McGill is my top choice so this puts me in tough spot! It would be nice to know where I am on the wait list. 

I have been checking my application for a status change but it seems like email will be the first communication from admissions. 

Has anyone gotten their official invite off of Uapply? We were supposed to hear back by Monday...

Not yet! We'll get an e-mail when it changes - I got an e-mail when my OT decision changed on uApply since I declined the offer.

Thanks, thats a great suggestion. I will see if I can send one in. McGill is my top choice so this puts me in tough spot! It would be nice to know where I am on the wait list. 

I have been checking my application for a status change but it seems like email will be the first communication from admissions. 

If/when you get in I think you'll get an e-mail first, as students who were accepted first round - which was June 6th - still haven't had their status on uApply updated yet. Best of luck!!

How did everyone find the anatomy pop quiz after the interview?

I thought it was pretty tough! I've been out of undergrad for a few years now so that made me realize that I really need to review before the start of school haha. How did you find it?

How did everyone find the anatomy pop quiz after the interview?

I didn't know most of the answers, but I also haven't used my anatomy in awhile. It was pure memorization so I forgot a lot haha. Hopefully relearning it won't be too difficult!

Has anyone received their official invite on Uapply yet? My file still says "in review" and it's freaking me out!

Mine changed last week, but like the e-mail we received last week says, it could take a few weeks to be updated. If you're concerned you could always call and check that your name is on the 'Confirmed' list. I did that just to be sure, as I hadn't received acceptance documentation with my name and address yet!

• 9 months later...

I'm applying to the Mcgill PT QY this year I can't seem to find any good information on the GPA cutoffs or how experience is weighed compared to grades. Could you guys share any insight on this? Trying to figure out how good my chances are of getting accepted.

Archived