Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In past years I've seen people say that passing the interview OOP is close to a guarantee of an offer. Is this likely still the case?

Not necessarily. Last year, according to Barry Ziola, the ~90/130 or so people who passed the interview were all placed on the waitlist, and only 30 or so offers were sent out. In the year previous, when only 62 people interviewed, they cleared the waitlist and everyone who passed the interview was accepted at some point. I'm thinking this year's chances will be better than last year (~100 people interviewed) but probably not as good as previous years. Either way, if your references were contacted, you passed the interview, and that's definitely something to be proud of! Good luck guys.

Not necessarily. Last year, according to Barry Ziola, the 90 or so people who passed the interview were all placed on the waitlist, and only 30 or so offers were sent out. In the year previous, when only 62 people interviewed, they cleared the waitlist and everyone who passed the interview was accepted at some point. I'm thinking this year's chances will be better than last year but probably not as good as previous years. Either way, if your references were contacted, you passed the interview, and that's definitely something to be proud of! Good luck guys.

Good to know. Thanks a lot!

There's usually some overlap, judging from past years (some referees contacted earlier than pass/fail notices go out, some contacted much much later). So try not to read too much into it, if yours haven't been contacted yet!

I'd make a wager that the emails go out tomorrow.

Well two years ago they sent out the results on the 7th. If it's not tomorrow then it will probably be early next week. 

One of my references was contacted. I suppose this is a sign that they've already determined who passed/failed.

One of my references was contacted yesterday and he was the one that let me know. I really thought I tanked my Sask interview due to a terrible cold especially because I coughed throughout Dr. Ziola's talk... 

Are both of ya'll OOP applicants?

Anyone IP had their references contacted? 

Are both of ya'll OOP applicants?

Anyone IP had their references contacted? 

I'm IP, but have not heard from my references. But take this with a grain of salt because the first time I took and passed the interview none of my references told me :P

Seems like they've only contacted references for OOP applicants..

Someone mentioned that emails were sent out on the 7th in previous years. Since emails haven't been sent out yet, I doubt they'll have it send over the weekend. What do ya'll think? 

In my experience this application cycle, the CoM has been consistent with their Friday afternoon emails, so I would anticipate us hearing something this afternoon. If not, then likely some time next week!

My thoughts as well- two years ago emails were sent out 16 days post-interview weekend, and we're now at day 19 (not that I'm counting. God I hate myself). So definitely some hope for later today, but who knows with this year and last year's cycles being wacky.

Didn't ziola mention emails will be sent out sometime in mid April? If it's not out today, I'm guessing it'll be next friday. ..

Wish the med college sent out emails as early as the dent college does.

It's an inside deal between College of Medicine and Dentistry. Medicine delays results so that the kids that applied to both end up paying the 5k deposit to Dent. #Conspiracy  :lol:

Archived