Premed 101 Forums

May 10 Support Thread

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear you guys on the "waiting" part. My life has been uncertain since I gave up my career path almost 3 years ago. At the time medicine wasn't even on my radar - but it's interesting how life comes together. I'm definitely ready for the next stage in my life, whatever it ends up being.

I hate to break it to you, but the uncertainty doesn't end with an acceptance.

The CaRMS uncertainty is lots of fun. Worrying about matching, and even if you match, you're obligated to move to a location you have little control over and won't know in advance, for 2-7 years of your life.

But I get it. Only a few more days folks!!

I hate to break it to you, but the uncertainty doesn't end with an acceptance.

The CaRMS uncertainty is lots of fun. Worrying about matching, and even if you match, you're obligated to move to a location you have little control over and won't know in advance, for 2-7 years of your life.

But I get it. Only a few more days folks!!

I figured as much. Good practice for that time then anyway! I moved around a lot as a kid and I feel like that adaptability has served me well for situations like these where I may have to move again. I enjoy the places where I live for the time I am there for but find it difficult to get really attached to any place, most likely as a coping mechanism from all the moving (and when I say moving, I mean countries, rural, urban, remote...). So I'm OK with the moving, but at least with CaRMS hopefully something will work out and you'll get in somewhere in some field, I imagine but admittedly lack knowledge about this as I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself. Have to cross this bridge first anyhow and it's still a relatively big "if" whether I'll end up on the other side, realistically-speaking and all...

Is anyone else experiencing that slow, creeping anxiety about admissions decisions? It just keeps getting worse.

Definitely feeling this right now. Everything is moving in slow motion for me.

I looked out my window, and I swear I saw a bird just frozen in mid air.

Atleast it's May now though.   :wacko:

Does anyone happen to know if Toronto/Ottawa waitlists move before the first deadline? I have heard Mac does.

I remember during the information session at Ottawa, I asked and the admission officer said their waitlist does not move before the deadline

I remember during the information session at Ottawa, I asked and the admission officer said their waitlist does not move before the deadline

And at the Ottawa info session I was at, the admissions officer said that if any waitlist was going to move before the deadline, it would be the English stream, not the French stream. So it might move, but it also might not...!

And at the Ottawa info session I was at, the admissions officer said that if any waitlist was going to move before the deadline, it would be the English stream, not the French stream. So it might move, but it also might not...!

The Quebec French universities release their results May 12, so it could affect the Ottawa french waitlist?

A week today will be our last sleep in Ontario before results are announced....I better be able to sleep through the night as I work in the morning. The damn bills still have to get paid, if only they knew I was waiting for my dreams to happen.

A week today will be our last sleep in Ontario before results are announced....I better be able to sleep through the night as I work in the morning. The damn bills still have to get paid, if only they knew I was waiting for my dreams to happen.

One last dream before our dreams come true :) 

more like one last nightmare. I am not someone who has nightmares, but this app cycle from handing it in to now has seen me have way more nightmares and restless nights than usual.

Yep. I don't really have dreams either, but I wake up from some of these rejection dreams with my heart still pounding. I just lie there for a good 10 minutes to realize that the dream wasn't real haha.

I'm experiencing waves of stress. They come and go, but it's getting unbearable. 

I'm trying to stay outwardly positive, but I know I'm slowly dying in the inside.

May 10th can't come soon enough. I've gone into hermit mode and refuse to interact with the rest of civilization until next week. :ph34r:

++ I've been slacking on work so hard.

I'm having a good time...being done with undergrad feels amazing and the weather is picking up. Getting back to the gym and going out with friends is a nice change of pace.

Congrats! That's the best feeling ever - no chronic impending deadlines.

I'm having a good time...being done with undergrad feels amazing and the weather is picking up. Getting back to the gym and going out with friends is a nice change of pace.

Same here. I didn't realize how little time I've taken to just do things I enjoy in the craziness of the last year. Feels so nice

Archived