Premed 101 Forums

May 10 Support Thread

5 days to go! VERY excited for the big day to come, regardless of the decision I might face. This is the third time (and last time) I am applying to medical schools and personally, it will be finally great to know where my future is headed.

The day of, I will be at work....with access to my email...I'll likely be hitting the refresh button every two seconds. AH!

I plan to enjoy the next several days with my wonderful family and friends to keep my mind off things --- might as well live my life to the fullest before May 10th changes the rest of my life!

Sending positive vibes to all of those feeling anxious! 

I wish everyone the best of luck!!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found out a good friend of mine got into Calgary, which was really exciting news. She's another older, non-traditional applicant (non-science as well) in the same line of work as me. I helped her study for the MCAT and we did interview prep together. So definitely a confidence boost going into the weekend!

I'm getting ready for our trip to Miami this weekend!! We leave tomorrow at the a** crack of dawn, and return Monday evening. I'll be so busy running around, getting groceries, picking up the dog from the kennel Tuesday that hopefully I forget about checking my e-mail that day.  :P

Now where did I hide my drinking pants?

I just found out a good friend of mine got into Calgary, which was really exciting news. She's another older, non-traditional applicant (non-science as well) in the same line of work as me. I helped her study for the MCAT and we did interview prep together. So definitely a confidence boost going into the weekend!

With three interviews, you are at least in good shape. And that news of your friend is also hopeful. Calgary has a much higher acceptance rate than some of our ON schools post-interview from what I can tell though for their IP applicants, as does many of the non ON provinces, so keep that in mind too. But again, I think with three interviews, you're OK to be cautiously optimistic. 

I'm getting ready for our trip to Miami this weekend!! We leave tomorrow at the a** crack of dawn, and return Monday evening. I'll be so busy running around, getting groceries, picking up the dog from the kennel Tuesday that hopefully I forget about checking my e-mail that day.  :P

Now where did I hide my drinking pants?

No faiiir, can I come with? :P

I'll join in from over here instead. The next few days will see many indulgences from me...

We're getting there Med_Pack!  I have been staying busy with work and my wife/kids, but I still keep thinking about it.  The nerves are starting more than ever.  Which campus did you put down are your preferred one?

Crazyye, yes we are! On the one hand I want to know and on the other...Ok well, no I want to know but it's also just very scary. I'm trying to be like OK, this doesn't define my future. But that's kind of not true so it's hard to believe myself when I say that. So then I'm like this only defines my future for the next year. But it's  hard to live year to year as so many on here know. Anyhoo, I know you've been relatively calm throughout the process but I'm not surprised the nerves are finally starting in...it's only to be expected...with how close we are. I put down Sudbury as my preference, which was a last minute mental change for me just when we had to reply to where we want to go if we get in...because I did interview in TBay, am from TBay and had been thinking of staying in TBay and then thought that maybe I need a bit of change of pace/environment. I would be fine with either campus for the most part anyway but I still stated a preference. Which campus did you put down as a preference?

I'm definitely not very focused/productive at work (as I post this from work). Luckily I also work tonight and all day tomorrow - but at least I'll be busy and not thinking about it..

Planning on doing a 10K run with my mother on Sunday, and spending some time with the wife and kids as well.

Really considering taking either Monday or Tuesday off work!

I hate to break it to you, but the uncertainty doesn't end with an acceptance.

The CaRMS uncertainty is lots of fun. Worrying about matching, and even if you match, you're obligated to move to a location you have little control over and won't know in advance, for 2-7 years of your life.

But I get it. Only a few more days folks!!

lol why scare people when they're already super anxious 

Archived