Premed 101 Forums

May 10 Support Thread

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Birdy. I actually had to work some side jobs to help pay for the MCAT and med school applications. And that didn't include that costs of travelling to interviews (which luckily I could drive to). Of course I'm the fool because I'm also still paying off my student loans from the higher education I chose to pursue in my 20s...

On the bright side, 24 hours (ish) until we find out! I just decided that I'm asking my boss for tomorrow off :-)

This was my position as well, but with some unexpected family expenses this year, it was still really tight applying.

Another what....24 hours or less is it...still debating whether I can hold off until after work to check tomorrow...

I agree Birdy. I actually had to work some side jobs to help pay for the MCAT and med school applications. And that didn't include that costs of travelling to interviews (which luckily I could drive to). Of course I'm the fool because I'm also still paying off my student loans from the higher education I chose to pursue in my 20s...

On the bright side, 24 hours (ish) until we find out! I just decided that I'm asking my boss for tomorrow off :-)

Same. I ended up working 2 jobs during fourth year (this year) to afford all of it. And if I hadn't gotten in, I was going to have to take the new MCAT for Dal and I was pretty sure I couldn't even afford 2 application cycles in a row with another mcat cost

Does anyone know if acceptances are usually sent before rejections and wait list? I've heard acceptances usually start coming out around 830 and then rejections and wait lists later. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm actually really interested in this as well.

Real life dilemma. I have a 12 hour shift at the ER tomorrow and am torn between checking my email during, or waiting until I'm done.

Does anyone know if acceptances are usually sent before rejections and wait list? I've heard acceptances usually start coming out around 830 and then rejections and wait lists later. Can anyone confirm this?

Also interested in this but I am not sure whether this is actually consistent between schools so it may depend on the school. The timestamps on the A/W/R thread helps to get a sense, but my school has very few posts so it's not the best idea.

I just managed to convince my boss to give me tomorrow off. Once I've dropped my kids off at daycare (probably 8am) I'm trying to decide if I check e-mail constantly until I hear from all three schools, or go for a 2 hour bike ride and check at 1000 (which will probably lead to me checking e-mails while biking ... super safe!)

Well, it depends of the school!

But I can tell you that for Ottawa last year, the emails came out around 7:30 and that most of the rejections came out not very long after (from what I've heard)!

Archived