Premed 101 Forums

Carms Match Looking At Undergrad And Master Grades

Hi,

I was wondering if Carms looks at my undergrad and master grades. I did ug, masters and will do med school at the same school so when I submit my transcript, my grades will be there. I was wondering if I screwed myself over by getting a B in my masters. I'm not quite sure how matching works just  yet so asking you all for your experience. Im asking mostly for quebec schools. 

Thank you! 

PS: This is what Carms says: If your undergraduate or graduate work was conducted at the same school where you received your medical degree, your medical school transcript may include these marks as well. We cannot separate medical school results from other marks.

http://www.carms.ca/en/match-process/your-application/documents/medical-school-transcripts/

Program dependent. Some ask for UG transcripts, some do not. My friend believes he was denied interviews because of his sub-par UG grades as he got interviews everywhere they didn't ask for them and none where they did save for one. At that interview he was also specifically asked about his UG grades. I had to submit them for about half of the programs I applied to but no one mentioned them. 

If you attend the same school for UG, Masters and Medical School all of your grades show up on a single transcript and you cannot order "just the medical school grades" for carms.

Some programs ask for undergrad grades, others do not. If they don't ask for them, then "technically" they don't look at that portion of your transcript. But who knows if that's actually the case.

The good thing is, if everything is on one transcript it makes the whole process a lot easier. But it means any blemishes could be visible...even if the program's doesn't ask for the grades, they are still there to look at.

Archived