Premed 101 Forums

Uofa 2020 Acceptance/wl/rejected Thread

Woot Woot! We're gonna be classmates! Congrats! 

Accepted OOP from Toronto!!!!!!!
3.9ish
70ish
35/49

Seriously thought I had no chance. One guy on the forum messages me and told me that you have no chance and that they know several OOP with better stats. Yeah okay

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rejected. I found out that they don't look at February dat scores for the same year. My old MDT was <10. Dang. Seemed like a nice school. I'll be at uoft

That sucks. I can't believe they didn't catch that earlier and gave you an interview. All that needless waiting and anxiety :/

Oh well, UofT is such a great opportunity. In my opinion, Toronto is a much better than Edmonton, at least for schooling, because its so much livelier.

I think his previous score was good enough for his interview, but the Feb one was better for acceptance.

I am sorry to hear about that, but hey at least you got somewhere to go !

No. Less than 15 on RC/MDT/PAT is automatic disqualification since 15 is the minimum requirements in all categories. U of A really shouldnt have given him/her an interview in the first place and made him/her come all the way out here just to ultimately reject him/her, regardless of how great his/her other stats are.

I actually know another candidate 2-3 years ago that interviewed and didn't get in because of a similar cutoff.

It just seems lazy of the U of A. Getting people's hopes up and making them attend the interview (or even fly out if their OOP/out of city) just because the university couldn't be bothered to double check that the student had met the minimum DAT requirement.

So I'm confused, I'm IP (maybe not the most stellar GPA), but I thought I would have been at least wait-listed:

GPA: 3.65

DAT: 71

Interview: 37

I think it'd be really really hard to get on the waitlist, let alone get into U of A with a 3.65 GPA. The only stat that is above average is your DAT, and it's not significantly above the average (68). With 75% of your application around mid-below average, I would imagine it'd be pretty hard to get on the waitlist unfortunately, especially since most of the waitlisters have ~3.84 with a decent interview or DAT. 

Archived