Premed 101 Forums

Potential Waitlist Movement

Potential Waitlist Movement  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the option that best describes your situation with respect to Queen's medicine admissions.

• Offered admission but will be declining to accept another offer
    • Removing self from waitlist to accept another offer
    • On the waitlist with no other offers
    • Will be accepting the offer and attending Queen's
    • Rejected post-interview
    • On multiple waitlists (including Queen's) with no offers
    • ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked this morning and they said their policy prohibits any info about the wait list.

You know to be honest since fewer and fewer users use this site anymore I feel all offers have been made since last week. The 3 people who reported getting off the wait list could represent a fair chunk of wait list movement if only about 10/100+ people reported actual offers on May 10th.

I also want to be blindly optimistic, but there really doesnt seem to be any reason why they would be holding out.

I asked this morning and they said their policy prohibits any info about the wait list.

You know to be honest since fewer and fewer users use this site anymore I feel all offers have been made since last week. The 3 people who reported getting off the wait list could represent a fair chunk of wait list movement if only about 10/100+ people reported actual offers on May 10th.

I also want to be blindly optimistic, but there really doesnt seem to be any reason why they would be holding out.

I'm just confused because not even one person has posted. What are the chances that only those being offered spots off of the waitlist at Queen's don't post. I mean if people are posting on other schools you would imagine that there would be at least one person posting in the Queen's threads as well just as the years past. I don't see the class being already full because of past waitlist movement and clearly simply by looking at posts on PM101 I'd assume it couldn't be full yet. So that just begs the question, what is going on? Maybe later on? Maybe tomorrow? I really do hope so. The suspense is killing me. It'd be really nice to know even if the answer is not the one I favour. 

I think the time stamps were around 3pm EST last week. Hopefully we hear back soon :):)

I went back and checked all the time stamps for waitlist offers from both queens and U of T, and they are the same (i.e., 2:20 pm +/ 20 minutes - Ontario time zone).

Now because the first waitlist batch to receive offers receives one week (i.e., 7 days exactly) to accept the offer, this means that they had until 2:20 pm (May 31st) to accept the offer.

If you recall, we all received an offer or waitlist offer around 9 am on may 10th, and those with an offer were given 2 weeks to accept. Technically, that period ended at 9 am May 24th. Being that offers for waitlisters went out around 2:20 pm which is 5 hours after the deadline to accept 1st round offers, the waitlist offers for us should come around 5 hours after 2:20 pm (i.e., 7:20 pm).

This is not possible because they stop working at 5 pm. So we will most likely get offers tomorrow.

A point to note would be that if no one posts news of offers in the U of T waitlist, you shouldn't expect anything from Queens either both medical schools sent out their offers for waitlisters around the same time

Hi guys!

my post will be odd here, but I am wait listed at U of T dentistry, so I was wondering any of you who are on the med wait list, has been accepted to u of t dentistry so that if you get in to med, would drop your spot in dentistry:s (I hope its not that confusing)

Hi guys!

my post will be odd here, but I am wait listed at U of T dentistry, so I was wondering any of you who are on the med wait list, has been accepted to u of t dentistry so that if you get in to med, would drop your spot in dentistry:s (I hope its not that confusing)

LOL. Who is this person?!

I remember last year that waitlist movement seemed very sporadic on premed101 but in reality the whole class (or close to it) came off the waitlist. There was almost no movement from June till the email went out (2 offers I think). It sucks. Good luck guys!

I remember last year that waitlist movement seemed very sporadic on premed101 but in reality the whole class (or close to it) came off the waitlist. There was almost no movement from June till the email went out (2 offers I think). It sucks. Good luck guys!

Where did you hear that the whole class came from the waitlist?

I didn't hear. It's based on the AFMC data which indicated they made 197 offers for ~90+/- seats (account for QUARMS and MD/PhD).

That doesn't mean the whole class came from the waitlist. That just means that the last, say, 30 seats, got offered 2-3 times before someone accepted it. 

Archived