Premed 101 Forums

Potential Waitlist Movement

Potential Waitlist Movement  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the option that best describes your situation with respect to Queen's medicine admissions.

• Offered admission but will be declining to accept another offer
    • Removing self from waitlist to accept another offer
    • On the waitlist with no other offers
    • Will be accepting the offer and attending Queen's
    • Rejected post-interview
    • On multiple waitlists (including Queen's) with no offers
    • ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST

Hi guys!

my post will be odd here, but I am wait listed at U of T dentistry, so I was wondering any of you who are on the med wait list, has been accepted to u of t dentistry so that if you get in to med, would drop your spot in dentistry:s (I hope its not that confusing)

Dentistry waitlists usually move according to med waitlists hence the desperation to see if there are people on both waitlists and whether they would drop their dental seats. Last year, there was unusual movement on med waitlists which caused the dental waitlists (especially UofT but UWO as well) to move a lot. Sadly, this year the med waitlists haven't been moving a lot thus dental waitlists have barely moved. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't mean the whole class came from the waitlist. That just means that the last, say, 30 seats, got offered 2-3 times before someone accepted it.

Fair enough but emphasizes my original post regarding waitlist movement being significant yet under reported on premed101. Good luck all

Does anyone know of anyone else who got offers??

I want to believe today's post was a prank hahah

Haha oh goodness I was thinking the exact same thing, but still congratulations to that individual!! :P

Do you think we all had the same original "waitlist" letter? Or do you think there are different types depending on your position in the waitlist? I only just learned that Western (or was it McMaster??) does this...

So we're up to a grand total of 4 people on PM101 being accepted off the waitlist so far...Nice

Anyone know how this compares to previous years where ~200 offers have been made? Did so few people of PM101 report being admitted off the waitlist?

So we're up to a grand total of 4 people on PM101 being accepted off the waitlist so far...Nice

Anyone know how this compares to previous years where ~200 offers have been made? Did so few people of PM101 report being admitted off the waitlist?

If 10 people reported being accepted initially when we know 100+ offers went out, it's not far off to say that 4 people reported coming off the waitlist as a representation of say 40+.

Archived