Premed 101 Forums

2016 Waitlist Support Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know roughly when the movement from normal waitlist begin? Does it take couple weeks after the first round of offers to waitlisted people to clear the high waitlist?

you can check out the old threads on that so get a good sense of things :) It is relatively quick actually.

Out of curiosity, in Western are offers off the waitlist traditionally sent after the May 24th deadline? Meaning that people with offers at other schools are better off accepting them to be safe because they won't get a call from Western before the deadline?

Out of curiosity, in Western are offers off the waitlist traditionally sent after the May 24th deadline? Meaning that people with offers at other schools are better off accepting them to be safe because they won't get a call from Western before the deadline?

According to past threads it seems that Western usually starts sending offers a couple days after the deadline, unfortunately.

Man that's unfortunate. Wish more schools sent them out earlier like Mac! It would ease the anxiety haha :P

ha perhaps although statistically speaking if you are the waitlist for Western you want all the other schools to move forward first in the hopes someone ahead of you on the Western list gets accepted elsewhere.

Really we should have all of these happen at the same time.

Is it something about this year, but most ontario schools seem to be very slow with their waitlist no? Either that or this years applicants just arent very active in the forums this year :/

From my memory, waitlists in previous years did not start moving until the very last days of May, maybe the beginning of June, so I would say things are moving along more quickly this year. If I had to guess, I would bet that perhaps they just gave out all of the London spots (which is why at least one waitlist spot has been given away) and now they are figuring out exactly how many Windsor spots they have to offer. I'm sure people will be getting calls very soon, if not today definitely Monday. Hang tight :) 

Is it something about this year, but most ontario schools seem to be very slow with their waitlist no? Either that or this years applicants just arent very active in the forums this year :/

Every year these forums become less active.

Oh hey! Congrats! I'm on the HWL too and the wait is agonizing. A part of me really hopes this isn't the year it doesn't clear! Were you offered London or Windsor, if you don't mind me asking? 

Thanks! I got Windsor but I had it ranked higher than London. 

Yeah the wait sucks but it seems they'll be getting through the high list soon

Archived