Premed 101 Forums

2016 Waitlist Support Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!

my post will be odd here, but I am wait listed at U of T dentistry, so I was wondering any of you who are on the med wait list, has been accepted to u of t dentistry so that if you get in to med, would drop your spot in dentistry:s (I hope its not that confusing)

Normal waitlister as well -- Hope is up a bit!

How many people are accepted into London and Windsor? I saw earlier that the Facebook group might not be the best gauge as there could be people that aren't actually in the class, but it might give an idea as to approximately how many spots are left?

Normal waitlister as well -- Hope is up a bit!

How many people are accepted into London and Windsor? I saw earlier that the Facebook group might not be the best gauge as there could be people that aren't actually in the class, but it might give an idea as to approximately how many spots are left?

I would guess not many left. Lots of us got our second campus choice, which would indicate that London is full. And my guess is that the high waitlist took the lion's share of the Windsor spots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just phoned the admissions office and was told that she very much expects some more acceptances to be sent out. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but at least there's still some hope for the remaining waitlisters!

I don't want to give unnecessary hope, but the defense deadline for graduate students is coming up and if they don't have it done, that will open a few spots. Western is very strict about this, apparently!

• 2 weeks later...

I heard of a student who got moved from the Windsor to the London campus early last week. I assume this means some spots have opened up but I haven't heard or read about anyone who recently got accepted. I wonder if they haven't made the offers yet or if the new people just haven't posted about.

Archived