Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread 2016

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you both in the english stream? I'm just curious because I am in the english stream, and my wGPA is 3.965.

I'm in the English stream! And my wGPA was 3.964 I think.

When they called you did they say anything about how the waitlist has been moving this year? Or really anything interesting? How long was this call even ahaha. On a previous forum apparently Chantal mentioned that last years waitlist wasnt moving as much as usual, would be amazing to know anything about this years'. Sorry freaking out over here

That person last year was a troll I think. 

Hey guys, just created an account so I could post. I got a call from Chantal at 1pm! I'm in the French stream with weighted GPA of 3.91. Willing to answer questions if needed! So pumped!!

Congratulations! Were you CNFS or just a regular French stream? Does CNFS list move at all?

Out of curiosity, what number did your phone calls come from? I was away all day and have a missed call at 2:15PM with no message from 613-798-5555 (which is the central number for The Ottawa Hospital and the uOttawa faculty of medicine).

Thanks in advance!

Out of curiosity, what number did your phone calls come from? I was away all day and have a missed call at 2:15PM with no message from 613-798-5555 (which is the central number for The Ottawa Hospital and the uOttawa faculty of medicine).

Thanks in advance!

I got the call from 613 562 5800, it's the main uottawa phone number.

Hi guys,

So my wGPA is 3.98 but since they've called 3.96 and 3.97 wGPA applicants does that automatically mean I'm on the second interview score section of the waitlist? Or is the call order not always reflective of GPA?

Thanks!

I am wondering this as well. My wGPA is around 3.96, so since someone from 3.95 has already been accepted, do you think they have passed that interview score? 

Also, no one has heard anything about the relative movement of the waiting list this year right? Like whether a lot of people have accepted first offers compared to past years?

I've been accepted off the good waitlist.

wGPA 3.95

Called at 10:11 AM

I know everyone always says best of luck, but I'll mention some more useful information for those still waiting.

Last year, 88 people declined their seats, and so that many people got off the waitlist (you can google AMFC statistics). In previous years, it's been lowest 58, and highest 93, and so while I cannot say how many people this year will get off, I'm certain it will be at least 60. 

I believe I was in the second interview group (below those who were accepted on the 10th), as my wGPA is the same as the last person who accepted here, and so those with a wGPA lower than mine who are in the same group as me will be called next, and then then those with a higher GPA than mine will be called afterwards once they begin calling the next group. 

To be quite honest my best advice is to stop coming on these forums and just try to relax. There is literally nothing you can do, and if this year is not a possibility, it would be best to start preparing now for the next cycle. We're all smart kids, we all got high GPAs and med school takes a lot of luck. It'll happen eventually, I promise!

Would it just get to the next interview group already...

I did some forum info digging and I think it will soon! In 2014  they called someone at 2:40PM with a 3.93 GPA then less than 1 hour later they called someone at 3:14PM with a 4.0 GPA. I think they'll get to the next set late today/tomorrow/Monday

Archived