27/26

Completed Master's

Accepting

yaaaaaaaaaay :)

EDIT: Adding ABS

Awards - Entrance scholarships and dean's list for all four years

Work - 2+ yrs government employee

Research - MSc, 4 conference presentations, 1 article published

Volunteer - Assorted short-term volunteer positions such as hospital, sport teams, etc (nothing big)

Shadowing - 25 hours literally the month before the application was due

Waitlisted

IP

91.1% (full)

23/20

4th Year UG Just Complete

EDIT: ABS info:

- TA Position

- 2 research projects (1 in the Faculty of Dentistry at Midwestern IL)

- Multiple volunteer trips to Central/South America

- 2 exec positions for club

- Speak 4 languages

- Deans Honours list every year + Top 5% ranking in Faculty of Science scholarship

- >200 hours of shadowing

Sigh :(

Accepted

IP

88.45 full courseload

20/20

undergrad

Accepting

Decided to make an account to post to show people that not everyone who gets in has crazy stats. Don't get discouraged if you don't have a 4.0 gpa or a 90+ average. To be fair, I had a lot of volunteer experience and a decent amount of shadowing.

Rejected (Not even waitlisted)

92.6%

IP

29/24

Not very surprised since I had a quite cringe-worthy interview- I didn't prep at all since I felt like I did really well at U of T and wasn't keen on moving to London due to personal reasons. My ABS was average/slightly above average.

Posting this here to show that GPA and DAT don't guarantee you a seat, seems like the interview and ABS are worth a lot! I'm glad that they're taking this more hollistic approach.

Congrats to all accepted! =D

Accepted
IP/OOP: IP
OMSAS UG cGPA: 3.90
DAT: 22 AA/21 PAT
Year of Study: 2 years post-bachelors (currently working)
I'm really surprised. I didn't think the interview went well - questions sometimes felt vague/non-specific and I didn't feel like the content in my answers demonstrated who I was as a person.

After careful consideration, I have declined this offer for medicine. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

To all those waitlisted: typically there is alot of movement on the waitlists! The waitlists will start ~10 business days after the first round of offers and will continue over the next few months. Just for perspective, the 2019s' waitlist moved up until a few days before the White coat ceremony. 

Archived