Premed 101 Forums

Uft 2020 Waitlist

Hey guys ,

I couldnt find any post specifically on uft waitlist so i decided to make it my self so we can keep track of uft waitlist movement.

I am #27 on waitlist

Do you guys know when is it possible a person like me to come out of WL? I mean is it late aug or u think its possible to be earlier? I am reallyyyy nervous ????

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already posted this on U of T acceptance thread, but I'll post it here again since this is a waitlist thread. Good luck

- 64 spots -
2005 c/o 2009 100 accepted (35 off WL)
2006 c/o 2010 89 accepted (24 off WL)
2007 c/o 2011 105 accepted (40 off WL)
2008 c/o 2012 91 accepted (26 off WL)
2009 c/o 2013 92 accepted (27 off WL)
2010 c/o 2014 89 or 92 accepted (25 or 27 off WL)
2011 c/o 2015 83 accepted (19 off WL)
2012 c/o 2016 84 accepted (19 off WL)

- 84 spots -
2013 c/o 2017 119 accepted (35 off WL)

- 96 spots -
2014 c/o 2018 122 accepted (26 off WL)
2015 c/o 2019 139 accepted (43 off WL)

Usually anyone who gets into med will decline since the only reason they even applied to dentistry was as a backup plan. Also you can assume that a good portion of competitive applicants were admitted to both Western and UofT and must therefore drop one for the other. In my experience with this year's interviews, I think Western did a MUCH better job selling their school as compared to UofT. They sold their new sim clinic, there were much more of their first years around to chat with, not to mention how friendly they all were. I can't speak to which school is actually better, but first impressions definitely make a difference haha

Usually anyone who gets into med will decline since the only reason they even applied to dentistry was as a backup plan. Also you can assume that a good portion of competitive applicants were admitted to both Western and UofT and must therefore drop one for the other. In my experience with this year's interviews, I think Western did a MUCH better job selling their school as compared to UofT. They sold their new sim clinic, there were much more of their first years around to chat with, not to mention how friendly they all were. I can't speak to which school is actually better, but first impressions definitely make a difference haha

I've heard similar things from people who interviewed at Western. It sucks that they don't take 3rd year applicants :( 

^ What AncientDentist said.

2 of my friends got into uoft dent and mac med. They've paid their deposits for uoft but are planning to decline as soon as they're 100% with med. I also know an Alberta applicant who got into to uoft dent, and is waiting on Alberta letters. And my cousin who actually just withdrew

Does anyone know if UT overaccept people?? 

Say the class size is 86. Do they accept 100 people to begin with, and expect 14 of them to reject anyways? 

Last year it says that 139 people were given admissions with class size of 96, but I am not sure if 43 of them were ALL from waitlist :P

Does anyone know if UT overaccept people?? 

Say the class size is 86. Do they accept 100 people to begin with, and expect 14 of them to reject anyways? 

Last year it says that 139 people were given admissions with class size of 96, but I am not sure if 43 of them were ALL from waitlist :P

They actually were from the waitlist lol, let's just hope we get the same movement this year as well

Archived