Premed 101 Forums

Uft 2020 Waitlist

I feel like uwo waitlist wouldn't move too far. Only because I see lower gpa/dat applicants getting in (which is awesome), and they wouldn't be too competitive elsewhere, unless they choose med or something which is also pretty EC heavy

My fear exactly.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like uwo waitlist wouldn't move too far. Only because I see lower gpa/dat applicants getting in (which is awesome), and they wouldn't be too competitive elsewhere, unless they choose med or something which is also pretty EC heavy

I'm gonna be optimistic and hope for the best but I fear this may be true sigh :(

Does anyone know if UT overaccept people?? 

Say the class size is 86. Do they accept 100 people to begin with, and expect 14 of them to reject anyways? 

Last year it says that 139 people were given admissions with class size of 96, but I am not sure if 43 of them were ALL from waitlist :P

Keep in mind that people on the waitlist may decline too resulting in movement so it doesn't necessarily mean that 43 people in that class are from the waitlist. What it does mean is that they did send out 43 additional acceptances on top of the original 96! 

This is premed101. You can't be surprised by this anymore. Also, getting in is kind of a big deal. If i hadn't gotten into uoft, id be freaking the hell out, too.

I guess that's where we differ. I got waitlisted at western too, and western's been my dream school for as long as I remember. If I get the call, awesome, but I'm already planning for next cycle.

What about the OOP waitlist? Most of you know that it is a separate waitlist for OOP students that only moves when OOP students that were offered admission (9 this cycle) decline the faculties offer.

They put out numbers that 30+ students get accepted from the waitlist, this presumably includes the OOP waitlist also.

Does anyone know how the dynamics in the OOP waitlist differ from the general combined waitlist movement?

I'm OOP waitlisted, hence why I even care lol.

What about the OOP waitlist? Most of you know that it is a separate waitlist for OOP students that only moves when OOP students that were offered admission (9 this cycle) decline the faculties offer.

They put out numbers that 30+ students get accepted from the waitlist, this presumably includes the OOP waitlist also.

Does anyone know how the dynamics in the OOP waitlist differ from the general combined waitlist movement?

I'm OOP waitlisted, hence why I even care lol.

they usually get through the entire OOP waitlist (based on past cycles)

they usually get through the entire OOP waitlist (based on past cycles)

Hold on a second hahaha

Jesus, I've never heard anything like that before.

In fact I've never heard anything about the OOP waitlist other than what I've said.

Your answer literally has the potential to flip my entire life right side up since receiving waitlist notification lol.

So let's go easy here.

Thanks for your response, I should call you 2020vision.

May I ask how you know this? Or for more information please?

By entire OOP list, how many people are we talking here?

Brb, on my way to CIBC for 275K

Hold on a second hahaha

Jesus, I've never heard anything like that before.

In fact I've never heard anything about the OOP waitlist other than what I've said.

Your answer literally has the potential to flip my entire life right side up since receiving waitlist notification lol.

So let's go easy here.

Thanks for your response, I should call you 2020vision.

May I ask how you know this? Or for more information please?

By entire OOP list, how many people are we talking here?

Brb, on my way to CIBC for 275K

There's 7 people on the OOP waitlist and the registrar says it usually clears. Chances are pretty good if you're on the waitlist but there is some variability since the waitlist is small. 

I think this year U of T waitlist would move a lot because I have noticed that this year many students who got accepted to both UWO and UofT, prefer accepting UWO over U of T because of what they have seen during the interview and friendlier atmosphere at UWO. I am waitlisted at both schools and my preference is UWO for sure. We should just wait a couple of weeks and see...

I think this year U of T waitlist would move a lot because I have noticed that this year many students who got accepted to both UWO and UofT, prefer accepting UWO over U of T because of what they have seen during the interview and friendlier atmosphere at UWO. I am waitlisted at both schools and my preference is UWO for sure. We should just wait a couple of weeks and see...

From what I have heard and seen, the atmosphere at U of T is just as friendly and supportive as UWO :) First year students at U of T were definitely very friendly and helpful on my interview day. My friends who applied this year chose U of T over UWO and so did I because I'm quite hesitant about living in London for 4 years. IMO U of T waitlist movement will be no different from previous years because there has almost been a handful of people who chose UWO over U of T. It'll probably be the med school applicants that would really get the waitlist moving.

From what I have heard and seen, the atmosphere at U of T is just as friendly and supportive as UWO :) First year students at U of T were definitely very friendly and helpful on my interview day. My friends who applied this year chose U of T over UWO and so did I because I'm quite hesitant about living in London for 4 years. IMO U of T waitlist movement will be no different from previous years because there has almost been a handful of people who chose UWO over U of T. It'll probably be the med school applicants that would really get the waitlist moving.

I really respect your opinion and for sure U of T is a great school, but the reason behind my decision( choosing UWO over U of T) is not only the great atmosphere at UWO, but the fact that since UWO does not many residencies, the student in the DDS program learn to do more advanced stuff than those in U of T (eg using microscope for doing root canals). These techniques are thought at U of T only when students get into residency, however at UWO that does not have those residencies undergrads learn those, which I found to be very interesting. Anyhow, congrats on your decision and best of luck!

Archived