Premed 101 Forums

Line Of Credit - Best Perks/credit Cards

Hi just wondering if some of those with LoCs wouldn't mind mentioning the perks you received with your line of credit (ie: credit cards, waived fees, waived fees into residency, automatic interest payments etc...).

Also, if anyone knows the difference between the credit cards you can get, a lot of us would be appreciative of a feature comparison.

Hi just wondering if some of those with LoCs wouldn't mind mentioning the perks you received with your line of credit (ie: credit cards, waived fees, waived fees into residency, automatic interest payments etc...).

Also, if anyone knows the difference between the credit cards you can get, a lot of us would be appreciative of a feature comparison.

For scotia I got automatic interest payment. 

Enter repayment after finishing schools (so that includes residency and fellowships). When I signed them they said I'd be starting repayment in 2025 but could be extended if doing fellowships.

Waived fees on credit cards.

Free cheques.

5k overdraft (no fee unless you use the overdraft).

Automatic payment of minimum balance of creditcards from LOC at the end of the month just in case you forget. 

5k Gold passport visa and 5k Gold amex.

Standard coverage: health coverage, rental car insurance coverage, trip cancellation.

Reward points: 4x on Amex.

For scotia I got automatic interest payment. 

Enter repayment after finishing schools (so that includes residency and fellowships). When I signed them they said I'd be starting repayment in 2025 but could be extended if doing fellowships.

Waived fees on credit cards.

Free cheques.

5k overdraft (no fee unless you use the overdraft).

Automatic payment of minimum balance of creditcards from LOC at the end of the month just in case you forget. 

5k Gold passport visa and 5k Gold amex.

Standard coverage: health coverage, rental car insurance coverage, trip cancellation.

Reward points: 4x on Amex.

Almost identical from CIBC. Different credit cards with different points but essentially the same. Amount of credit on cards will depend on what other cards you have open at the same time.

On this subject, what do you have to bring with you to meet with advisors?

A printout of an "Offer"email, a receipt of deposit/enrollment confirmation, or

do I have to wait for my police record to be cleared?

Just the first two things. I actually sent them by email before even meeting them. 

Archived