Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
End Poverty

How Much Weighting Is Given To Gpa, Mcat And Extracurriculars At U Of A?

I have heard that GPA is 50%, and MCAT is 20%, and extra curricular are 30% of your pre-MMI score. However, this might be outdated. What is the current weighting of each of these components ( GPA, MCAT and Extracurriculars ) pre-interview.

Thanks

They are very explicit in saying on their website that the MCAT is a screen only. We don't know any more than that. 

I don't mean to be insensitive, but there's really nothing productive that would come out of knowing. Do your best on the essays, select the references you think are best. There's nothing more any of us can do. 

And trust me, you'll be anxious and worrying enough once the winter comes around, so try and ease you mind now while you can. I fretted about that the pre-interview score constantly, because UofT was my 'dream school', and I was pretty sure I didn't have the GPA to ever have a shot. Just focus on what you can control (your application itself) and hope for the best!