Premed 101 Forums

Attn: Message From Admissions

Faculty of Medicine Applications – CANADA POST STRIKE - Transcript Submission

Please note with the pending and possible Canada Post Strike it is the applicant’s personal responsibility to request official transcripts to be sent via couriered mail (i.e. Fedex, UPS, Purolator) in a timely manner to meet the August 15th, 2016 deadline. Transcripts must indicate an issue/print date no later than August 15th, 2016. Faxed copies of transcripts will not be accepted.

Connor. 

My school does not give me the option. I either pick it up myself and send it (Which is not accepted by Dal) or the school will send it via standard mail I already requested it so I hope it gets from Ontario to Dal soon

Yes I know some schools that do it that way. Either way, make sure you confirm with them that it is sent at the right time. Dal does not make any exceptions if something comes in late! 

This may be a dumb question, but my school already sent my transcript this week, how would I know if Dalhousie receive it? Do I have to contact them and ask?

I did that, they were happy to confirm it. I called, but email would probably work too

Where does it say we cannot send the transcript? All it says is send the official ones, they are supposed to be sealed. We can put them into some type of envelope and send to the school can we not? Whether the school does it or not should not really be the end of the world.. If so, I am an idiot lol. I guess we will see what Carolyn says when she gets back to me xD.

Where does it say we cannot send the transcript? All it says is send the official ones, they are supposed to be sealed. We can put them into some type of envelope and send to the school can we not? Whether the school does it or not should not really be the end of the world.. If so, I am an idiot lol. I guess we will see what Carolyn says when she gets back to me xD.

Don't wait for a response, contact your school asap and have the transcript sent. It NEEDS to be sent directly from the university. Trust me here

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

From their website:

"Transcripts must indicate an issue/print date no later than August 15th, 2016."

I did see that on their website, which was why I was unsure. A few scholarships I've applied to have only needed the document to be postmarked by a certain date, and I wanted to clarify because the outgoing mail where I'm from can be VERY slow.

Archived