Premed 101 Forums

Scholarships And Bursaries For Incoming Med Students

Hi there,

It easy to locate the giant list of potential scholarships and bursaries available to incoming med students BUT im having a hard time figuring out how to actually apply for any of them. Seems like there is no links, documents, or anything available online for the majority of them. 

Does anybody have more information regarding when and how to apply for these scholarships and bursaries?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything about this?  I know I'm a fairly unremarkable candidate among classmates, but I was hoping to get some breadcrumbs y'know?

Checked last years email. August 17th we were sent entrance scholarships. I was definitely not top of the class but got a couple so everyone is eligible. If not, it may have been from applying via BearTracks for academic and leadership scholarships in May. 

Checked last years email. August 17th we were sent entrance scholarships. I was definitely not top of the class but got a couple so everyone is eligible. If not, it may have been from applying via BearTracks for academic and leadership scholarships in May.

Did you also do your undergrad at UofA? I tried applying for awards in May but was told I was not eligible because I am not a continuing student (I graduated from UofC). Hopefully they have not sent out emails for scholarships yet...

Did you also do your undergrad at UofA? I tried applying for awards in May but was told I was not eligible because I am not a continuing student (I graduated from UofC). Hopefully they have not sent out emails for scholarships yet...

yeah i did. i think i was eligible as a continuing student cause of that

The ones that were sent earlier today were probably only accessible to students who went to the UofA this past year, because you had to be a student to apply. But don't worry, there are more scholarships and bursaries for this year!

Edit: Not sure if the entrance ones have been sent out, but those are different from what were released today.

Archived