Premed 101 Forums

Oop Chances

Hey guys, just wanted to gauge how well my supplemental essay needs to be as an out of province student. I do have a 4.00 in terms of Dal and a 519 on my MCAT, and a few medically related long term commitments. Does anyone know what the approximate chances are for a student with these scores? Sorry I know its such a vague question and so many other factors come into play. Also does anyone know how many OOP apply and how many are called in for an interview ? 

Hey guys, just wanted to gauge how well my supplemental essay needs to be as an out of province student. I do have a 4.00 in terms of Dal and a 519 on my MCAT, and a few medically related long term commitments. Does anyone know what the approximate chances are for a student with these scores? Sorry I know its such a vague question and so many other factors come into play. Also does anyone know how many OOP apply and how many are called in for an interview ? 

Can't remember, but it's on the website somewhere. As far as chances, no one can give you anything, but it's not going to change your chances so just focus on the maritime essay

Size of the pool of OOP applicants varies from year to year, but they call about 50-60 to interview, and, like MDHopefulyMe, there are 9 seats. I would also suggest you focus on writing the best application because you never know where you'll get in. A big mistake that people make, especially when applying to med the first time, is not applying to enough places.

Archived