Premed 101 Forums

Employment Time Period

hey guys, I'm working full-time this summer and I'm continuing the position part-time during the upcoming academic year, but I can only put a cutoff date of June 1st for the UBC app. In this case, would I list the time period as full-time during the summer & part-time during the school year? I'm not sure if the adcom would be ok with that since the cutoff date is June 1st so idk if I should list the time period as summer-only or include that I'm working during the school year. And if I include that I'm working this upcoming school year, would I list the total hours as 40 or 10? In the help guide they mentioned to state the number of hours that you worked for the longest period of time, which at the time of submission would be 40 hrs/week during the summer if that makes sense. I'd appreciate your input on what to do. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hey there

If you started the job right before June 1st, 2016 (in like may...) then the fact you are planning on working part time is irrelevant. Writing things down you haven't even done yet is a bit of a faux pas to me. In this case, write only what you've done, not what you're planning. I would write it as a summer activity. Maybe you can mention part time during the school year.

So I would say summer, 40 hours.

Good luck friend :)

use clarification box to explain , but June 1 is the cut off. If you started the job after June 1, then don't this include on your application. If it was before June 1, I would put 40 hours, and then write a note in clarification box about it switching to ten hours during school year

use clarification box to explain , but June 1 is the cut off. If you started the job after June 1, then don't this include on your application. If it was before June 1, I would put 40 hours, and then write a note in clarification box about it switching to ten hours during school year

I started at the beginning of May. If I were to include a clarification of switching to 10 hours during the school year, would I still select the time period as being in the summer only, since that's technically what it is before June 1st, or would I switch it to full-time summer, part-time school year? that's the part I'm stuck on lol 

Archived