Premed 101 Forums

2017 Carms Applicants

sorry for my silly question, does anyone know if we have discounts for plane tickets as Canadian medical students? any codes or promotions?

Thanks  :)

Check this out, looks like CFMS was able to negotiate discounts with WestJet:

http://www.cfms.org/what-we-do/student-affairs/discounts

If you're in Ontario, then OMA offers discounts for Porter Airlines.

CMA offers discounts for Via Rail.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I have a question concerning UBC FM, particularly Surrey and South Fraser Program.

Anyone knows if residents are separated into Langley and Surrey Hospitals (i.e: attached to a main teaching site) ? Or they will be doing rotations in both hospitals? 

It is not clear on their site program presentation online. Thanks a bundle :)

Thank you so much!! So once matched to the program at Surrey& South Fraser, there is no more internal match for site preference, since we do the rotations in both sites?

The FM preceptor and home clinic are assigned automatically? Thank you for your patience :)

Mostly we do rotations at Surrey. Some rotations you may be placed at Langley or occasionally Delta hospitals (ER, psych, palliative are a few I can think of).

Your home clinic/main FM preceptor can be in Langley or Surrey.

No internal match! Just luck of the draw as to where you'll do the rotations.

For our year they took requests for location and special interests (OB, palliative, etc) which they try to accommodate but obviously they can't do that for everyone.

You can inbox me any other questions you have. Perhaps will also see you at the interviews :)

Thank you so much criselda..Yes definitely I will be there at the interview, open house and social event! :) Hope to see you there! :P

No internal match! Just luck of the draw as to where you'll do the rotations.

For our year they took requests for location and special interests (OB, palliative, etc) which they try to accommodate but obviously they can't do that for everyone.

You can inbox me any other questions you have. Perhaps will also see you at the interviews :)

I guess that they did a preliminary selection?? Toronto Psych was the last program to send out invites.

If they did give all applicants an interview chance, I guess that it shows their open-mindedness and perhaps they care more about how an applicant conveys during interview, than how they look on paper :)

For Toronto Psychiatry - anyone know if they invite all applicants for interviews?

I just saw that Ottawa Internal Medicine invites have been sent out..

I thought that all the English IM programs are supposed to send all the invites tomorrow at 12h00 Eastern Time?? So the applicants could book the IM interviews through a centralized system?

Oh well I am rejected I guess.. :P Life goes on :)

I just saw that Ottawa Internal Medicine invites have been sent out..

I thought that all the English IM programs are supposed to send all the invites tomorrow at 12h00 Eastern Time?? So the applicants could book the IM interviews through a centralized system?

Oh well I am rejected I guess.. :P Life goes on :)

LittleDaisy, I am curious, how many different programs did you apply for? Family, EM, Internal and Psych?? Very impressive!

Anyone applying to Internal Medicine to English Canada, and who has not received an email with password and username for the booking system tomorrow??

I am starting to think that perhaps I am rejected for all the English IM programs :(

It sounds like there are at least a few people who might not have received an e-mail with their login information... I feel like you should have, even if you did happen to receive no interviews. When I logged on to check the system, it specifically told me that "You will also see a list of universities you applied to who have not selected you for an interview." 

The link to the system itself is: https://domws.lhsc.on.ca/carms

I would recommend contacting the person they listed in the e-mail and on that webpage as the contact for any issues with the system:

Daniel Labarca

Phone: (519)685-8500 x 52868

Email: Daniel.Labarca@lhsc.on.ca

Hopefully this helps you guys get some of this sorted out :( 

Hey guys I just got my email for the link to the internal medicine system now, with my username and password.

I think that the coordinator is sending out in batches.

If you haven't received anything, contact him

Logon and Password Information Only? Technical Issues? Contact Daniel Labarca
Phone: (519)685-8500 x 52868
Email: Daniel.Labarca@lhsc.on.ca

I got the email after writing to him 30 minutes ago. Best of luck :)

and thanks again Explodingmuffins :)

Archived