Premed 101 Forums

2017 Carms Applicants

It sounds like there are at least a few people who might not have received an e-mail with their login information... I feel like you should have, even if you did happen to receive no interviews. When I logged on to check the system, it specifically told me that "You will also see a list of universities you applied to who have not selected you for an interview." 

The link to the system itself is: https://domws.lhsc.on.ca/carms

I would recommend contacting the person they listed in the e-mail and on that webpage as the contact for any issues with the system:

Daniel Labarca

Phone: (519)685-8500 x 52868

Email: Daniel.Labarca@lhsc.on.ca

Hopefully this helps you guys get some of this sorted out :(

So I have seen your post on the interview updates and I am curious to ask of how did you know that this is Ottawa sending interview invites? I thought the email that would be sent is a general one ie not from a specific university.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi medicinist - I did receive a separate email from Ottawa saying that they wanted to let me know that I had received an interview so that I could plan my travels and figure out which date/time might me best for me to try to get once the online booking system opens. 

So I have seen your post on the interview updates and I am curious to ask of how did you know that this is Ottawa sending interview invites? I thought the email that would be sent is a general one ie not from a specific university.

Hey I only got the IM from my home province, and at the school where I did my elective..and got rejected for all the other schools...

I have noticed that IM Is getting super competitive this year, any idea why for rest of Canada???

For Quebec, the new law on restricting GP practice, and cutting down 30% of pay if you don't have 2000 patients might explain why...

4/10 personally.... guess it was the wrong year to apply. To imagine I once considered not backing up....

Hey I only got the IM from my home province, and at the school where I did my elective..and got rejected for all the other schools...

I have noticed that IM Is getting super competitive this year, any idea why for rest of Canada???

For Quebec, the new law on restricting GP practice, and cutting down 30% of pay if you don't have 2000 patients might explain why...

Did you only do IM electives at one school? Did you do electives at any other schools?

Also heard IM was super competitive this cycle.

Not sure what happened.

any applicants to peds programs in Québec willing to message me?  j'ai quelques questions à vous poser...

je suis un candidat canadien hors Québec aux programmes de pédiatrie et malheureusement je ne connais personne d'autre qui a soumis une demande d'admission aux programmes au Québec 

merci :) 

Have you received any positives replies yet?? I was thinking of doing this, but finally decided to focus on the interviews I got..

We really have nothing to lose though, go for it :)

Did anyone have luck getting additional IM interviews after emailing the program director and/or admin assistant?

Archived