Premed 101 Forums

Hi,

So I got an MCAT score of 503 (126,128,124,125). I believe I have excellent EC's and my academic score is around 84% (with a very high upward trend).

I'm still in my undergraduate degree. Assuming I only want to go to UBC med, is it worth retaking the MCAT? Next year if I apply again I will get to drop my worst year which boosts my academic percentage to around a 94%.

Either way, do people get in with such a poor MCAT score? Chances for this year?

Thanks!

I would re-write it.

You have a great CARS score and your low sections is in B/B and P/S - sections which can easily be improved to 128+ with deep content knowledge.

You still meet cutoffs for UBC obviously, but no one really knows how they factor it in post-interview.

To expand options I would re-write, chances are you will keep a CARS score you are happy with and can only improve on the sciences.

Just my two cents

I am not sure anyone can really answer this as nobody here knows how they use the scores post-interview. But I can tell you, for getting an interview, it is only as long as you meet the cut-offs unless they change things this cycle. 

well thats cuz they dont even look at mcat score until after interview :/

Yep exactly. If you look at their stats the admitted MCAT average vs rejected MCAT average were about the same. Which means they don't really care about it at all.