Premed 101 Forums

Ubc Pharmacy Applications 2016/2017- Class Of 2021

SynB

5 minutes ago, MD-DMD-PharmD said:

My main worry was that they sent out waitlists a lot earlier last year, so I'm not sure if our chances are the same or not.

I thought the same from reading the last year threads.. There won't be a lot of people giving up their spots.. I wish they would give us a waitlist position number at least. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/6/2017 at 6:31 PM, disastrous said:

I'm in the same situation right now, as in I got rejected on the first day. Do you have any tips for the personal profile or interview? Did you do more extracurriculars/practice more during the year to improve?

Yes I did do many stuff to improve myself this year and here's some of them: 

1. I read Doing Right by Phillip Hebert

2. I don't know which year you are in and if it will be possible for you but I was graduated last year so I started working as a pharmacy assistant almost 30hrs/week

3. I went to career counsellor to ask advice on how to improve my essay 

4. and this year I practiced interview almost everyday for at least 3 weeks? (how much you need to prepare also depends on how comfortable you are with the interview, I guess, I was really not comfortable with interviews because I get shy and nervous, so I needed to prepare a lot)

That's all I can think so far, hope it helps! Good luck next year!

BTW: I got in both UofT and Waterloo as well. I'm from Ontario. UBC is definitely my favourite school because Carol is the most helpful and nice admission officer among all these schools from my personal experience. I do love UBC campus like it's so much better than waterloo's and uoft's. I love Vancouver so much. And I paid 2000 too lol. However, my parents want me to stay close and my friends are all staying in ontario. I might give up my UBC spot this year. So ppl on waiting list, don't lose hope yet! but be patient plz lol, cuz i just got my uoft's today so I really need some time to make up my mind. :)

22 minutes ago, Nt@ said:

Hey guys Ihave just recieved the admission offer. My best of wishes and hope to you all in thr waitlist and those who are considering to apply next year 

Congrats! Hopefully the waitlist will keep on moving..

20 hours ago, Nt@ said:

Hey guys Ihave just recieved the admission offer. My best of wishes and hope to you all in thr waitlist and those who are considering to apply next year 

When is your deadline to accept the offer?

8 hours ago, Running in the 90's said:

As in the registration period for pharmacy students is between the 22nd and 23rd? Or as in, you somehow have two? 

I think registration is  strated on either of these dates onwards 

On 6/16/2017 at 8:45 PM, waterbottle14 said:

Does anyone know if there are any differences between the various STT sections? How are people deciding which section is the 'best' section lol

I am informed by a 1st and 2nd year student that the only difference is your Lab Times. Depends on which schedule works best for you :) 

11 hours ago, Running in the 90's said:

Is it just me or is there no difference between any of them? I loaded all of the STT's up and they don't vary at all? 

They don't tell you which one corresponds with which scedule, you just have to pick one and you don't find out what your actual schedule is until you start. They like to cover their bases by getting all students to clear their schedules for those times in case they decide to change things around and in second semester you have labs every week compared to every second week (at least that's how it was last year)

4 hours ago, BCPharmGirl said:

They don't tell you which one corresponds with which scedule, you just have to pick one and you don't find out what your actual schedule is until you start. They like to cover their bases by getting all students to clear their schedules for those times in case they decide to change things around and in second semester you have labs every week compared to every second week (at least that's how it was last year)

Thanks for the information, guess it's just pick whatever and hope it works out haha. 

Hey guys,

Are the classes required for UBC PharmD year 1 all year long, or is it throughout term 1/2 of the winter only? I need to know if I should apply for year round housing or just September to april housing. 

Also, I was looking up the courses required for year 1 in my degree audit, and it said PHRM170/171 is required. I don't see those courses offered in any of my terms.

Archived