Premed 101 Forums

Date Speculation?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering when you guys think we should expect to hear about interview invites/rejections.

The interview weekend seems to be November 19th/20th this year (2016), whereas last year it was November 21st/22nd I believe.

Invites/Rejections were sent out October 26th last year, so I guess we can expect the date to be October 24th for the 2016-2017 cycle?

Just wondering what everyone else thinks!

My money is on the week before - as I understand it, there was a delay last year because of unforeseen issues with the new MCAT. They've definitely got a handle on that by now (fingers crossed), and I remember reading somewhere that Dal tries to give applicants as close to a full month as possible to make arrangements for interview accommodations, etc.

Here's hoping for news on the 17th!

Oh really, that makes more sense. I read about the notices going out a month before, but when I was analyzing last year's invite thread, that didn't seem to hold. But the introduction of the new MCAT delaying things makes a lot more sense now.

Well definitely cannot complain about hearing a bit sooner than I anticipated :D

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to give you some insight......tomorrow is Residency Match Day for the 4th year med students. I realize that results are released via CaRMS, but I have a feeling that the school would not send out acceptances the same day as match day. Fingers crossed I am wrong though!!

Archived