Premed 101 Forums

Confused About Pre-Reqs And Gpa Calculation

I was looking into the UOttawa requirements and for the chemistry courses, if I took 1 biochem course, 2 ochem courses and 2 general chem courses, do I fulfill this requirement?:

"The equivalent of two full-year courses (or four semester courses) of the following Chemistry courses: i) General Biochemistry without laboratory session; ii) General Chemistry with laboratory session; iii) Organic Chemistry with laboratory session."

and if I take 9 classes total for fall/winter this year will that year still be counted in the GPA calculation? The semester and full-year courses wording was throwing me off a bit. 

"Any year with less than four full-year courses will not count as a full-time year of study. A full-time summer semester does not replace a semester of studies within an academic year. AP, IB and transfer credits are not recognized as fulfilment of full time studies requirement"

Thank you in advance. I know these might seem like silly questions but if someone could clear it up I would appreciate it.

Hi!

1)  Yes, you would fullfill the reqs as long as the gen chem and org chem classes you took came with a lab

2) yes, you fulfill the req since 4 Full year courses = 8 semester courses. And since you got 9, you're good! Note that this is fine as LONG as you have taken other classes somewhere else to fulfill the 5 full-year classes. 

Hi!

1)  Yes, you would fullfill the reqs as long as the gen chem and org chem classes you took came with a lab

2) yes, you fulfill the req since 4 Full year courses = 8 semester courses. And since you got 9, you're good! Note that this is fine as LONG as you have taken other classes somewhere else to fulfill the 5 full-year classes. 

Thank you!! 

Archived