Premed 101 Forums

How Easy Is It To Get Into Kinesiology?

yex451

At 100$ on average per application file, being a little conservative to where and how many places you apply is alright too.

Maybe that 100$ could cover a third of the price of your first year physiology textbook.

Why do you want to get into Kin specifically at McGill if I may ask?

Apply to the Exercise Science Specialty Program @ Concordia. Excellent program and those who have worked hard due to the voluminous material and received straight A's have all been accepted into medical school on their first attempt. It is also a great prep for medicine and their internships in the specialty program give you experience with the elderly, chronically ill. It should not be difficult to get in.

For details about this great program, review the posts of this thread:http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/47595-cegepiens-eng-french-who-need-to-choose-an-undergrad-program-leading-to-medicine/

I always wanted to go to Mcgill, ever since I was a kid. Unfortunately, I didn't take cegep seriously enough and am now suffering the consequences..

When looking at the Mcgill r-score acceptance per program, kin caught my eye. I looked into it and have decided it would be a path I could do very well in. I just wanted to maybe hear from people accepted into that specific program or people who have friends in the program that got in with a slightly lower r-score. I will most likely apply either way. I know of other programs that I can get into, I just want to try and see if I could maybe just maybe make it into this one. Thanks for all the feedback.

As someone who has studied in both Exercise Science at Concordia and Kinesiology at McGill, I felt more prepared for medicine based on my education at Concordia! Highly recommended program 

Apply to the Exercise Science Specialty Program @ Concordia. Excellent program and those who have worked hard due to the voluminous material and received straight A's have all been accepted into medical school on their first attempt. It is also a great prep for medicine and their internships in the specialty program give you experience with the elderly, chronically ill. It should not be difficult to get in.

For details about this great program, review the posts of this thread:http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/47595-cegepiens-eng-french-who-need-to-choose-an-undergrad-program-leading-to-medicine/

If your gold is to be a kinesiologist, fine, give McGill a shot.

If your goal is medical school, pause! Think about this clearly, objectively and be conservative and consistant with your choices.

For example:

You slacked off in college; what are concrete and realistic actions your taking to correct your behaviour and how school location and program characteristics might affect this?

Is downtown Montreal the most productive environnement for you?

Is it possible that an uptown campus like UdeM or Con be more suitable, or do you strive more in environnements like UQAM and McGill?

Have you looked at the course offering and course sequence?

Would you perform in better in practical or theoretical based curriculum?

Etc.

It's open house season, take the time to check all 4 schools in Montreal and their Kin program.

Archived