Premed 101 Forums

Dry Lab Or Wet Lab

JohnLe

So I have an opportunity to work in a dry lab specializing on epidemiology and genetics but I noticed that some other people have gotten opportunities to work in wet labs which could offer more variety and interesting studies. Do medical schools perfer students gaining research experience in wet labs as opposed to dry labs? Also, should I accept the offer to work in the dry lab or should I continue to find in opportunity for a job in a wet lab. 

Dude, 100% serious here, do what you like. Research is such a grind it is a thousand times worse if you are not into it. Find something you like (or can tolerate). No one cares if it is wet or dry, if you publish or just do posters, it is all experience. I promise you that at this level it makes no difference.

You can't live your life thinking about how it will look on paper. 

GL

Yup, does not matter one bit for medical school admissions. Go with what interests you. If anything, studies on epidemiology or genetics probably have more direct relevance to medicine than most "wet lab" work, but considerations like that really only matter for your future career after getting into medicine, not before (and even then, it doesn't matter all that much).

Archived