Premed 101 Forums

Hey everyone, 

So, I really wanted to do neuroscience at u of c but, my english mark is dragging me down and I'm pretty much giving up on my dream as I've wanted to get  into that program as soon as  I heard about it. I have no clue what to do. What do I major in? Is there anything close to neuroscience that I could do? I heard the Health Science degrees are very english based so I can't do those. The general Biological Sciences degree are an option but, I hate ecology and you have to take those classes. Ugh, I'm just so stressed and I don't know what to do.

there is literally one ecology course you have to take in the entire general bio sci degree at U of C....and its not even hard and quite fun. Plus, there are 5 different specializations (like Biochem, Cell Bio etc) within bio sci where you don't have to take ecology....Lastly, Year 1 and Year 2 of neurosci, biosci, and healthsci are 80% the same. We all take the same classes with the exception of 1 class a semester for those 2 years....also whats the big deal about nerurosci? I'm a 4th year Bio sci student at u of c and I took some of the same neuro courses along with neuroscience students so even the neuro courses aren't restricted....

so You took some neursci classes? and i'm just in love with the brain. I think it's the most fascinating organ in the body.

Archived