Premed 101 Forums

Repeat Applications

My understanding is that all applications at Ontario Medical schools are a fresh start.  I may be wrong.

I always wished that OMSAS would keep data for one year like our transcripts.  I costs me $80 a year in transcripts since I did a certificate that allowed me to be a visiting student a different universities. 

Oh well :)

• 6 months later...

Hi all, just wondering if NOSM uses the same questions each year on the OMSAS application? Thanks :)

I was curious about this last year so I had sent them an email and they responded saying yes. I'm sure if you emailed and asked if they are keeping the same questions, they would tell you.  :)

Yeah, I applied from 2012 to 2017 admission cycles, and the questions have not changed since then. The only difference for me was transitioning into "mature student" status along the way and having thaf extra question. But that question has always been there to my knowledge. I just turned 25 in between applications. Then 26, then 27, etc...

My understanding is that all applications at Ontario Medical schools are a fresh start.  I may be wrong.

I always wished that OMSAS would keep data for one year like our transcripts.  I costs me $80 a year in transcripts since I did a certificate that allowed me to be a visiting student a different universities. 

Oh well :)

True. it is a fresh start. Just a note though, university of Ottawa will not consider your application if you have had 3 interviews already.

Archived