Premed 101 Forums

I believe the verifier checks are automated checks, before reviewers have the chance to read our files.

What makes you think that? If they are automated wouldn't everyone have their verifiers contacted? It also looks like some individuals are having multiple/all of their verifiers contacted and others just one. That does not seem very random to me.

IMO it seems like file reviewers are (randomly?) flagging verifiers to contact as they read through files. That could explain the difference in the number of verifiers contacted for each applicant.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also,

About 3 days ago, one of my verifiers was contacted

Today, another one (so far that I know of) has been contacted.

I am just curious as to what method they are using--if it is automated or not.

The email is automated. Not sure how they are doing verifier checks, though :( It may be random or not.

It makes sense the email is automated, but I doubt the verifier checking process is entirely automated. If it was, wouldn't everyone have a set number of verifiers contacted? 

Not necessarily, it may be the case that a computer randomly selects verifiers from a big list of verifiers. I know that the process of verifiers checking started at least ten days ago, and it is still going. I only had my verifiers contacted today. In the upcoming weeks, they may contact the rest of the verifiers for the rest of the applicants

Hmm. I wish I had known they were going to be asking our verifiers questions about us. For most of my volunteering I put down HR people with the organizations I worked with who can look up my file and confirm the number of hours I did, but I've never really interacted with. 

I called MD admissions about this and they said there is some way they account for verifiers that don't know you but wouldn't reveal to me what that was.

The fact they "account" for it in some obscure way really doesn't make me feel too great about it either. I had always assumed it would be best to use some admin staff for the organization as a contact since admissions would be less likely to receive a coerced "yeah I work with him but have no idea if the hours he put down are accurate, so I will just agree with the number you gave" from them. With this new system that really seems like it isn't the case. 

Has anyone else not heard back from any of their verifiers yet?  I made the mistake of not explicitly asking mine to inform me if they were contacted.  Which I'm slowly working on as I run into the ones I know personally, but so far none of the ones I talked to have received anything yet.

Has anyone else not heard back from any of their verifiers yet?  I made the mistake of not explicitly asking mine to inform me if they were contacted.  Which I'm slowly working on as I run into the ones I know personally, but so far none of the ones I talked to have received anything yet.

Some of my friends did not have their verifiers contacted yet

This is honestly so stressful, some of my verifier (I realized by e-mailing them) are out of the country or away for something else.

I've read in another thread in this section that verifier's have 10 days to respond to the e-mail and that the e-mails may be in junk files.

Does anyone know what the rule is for the applicant's whose verifiers who don't respond?

This is honestly so stressful, some of my verifier (I realized by e-mailing them) are out of the country or away for something else.

I've read in another thread in this section that verifier's have 10 days to respond to the e-mail and that the e-mails may be in junk files.

Does anyone know what the rule is for the applicant's whose verifiers who don't respond?

I emailed admissions about my concerns regarding non-reply. They say they attempt to get in contact with them again if they do not meet the deadline. That is all the information they gave me, since they like being vague haha. 

Wait does the person who said there verifier got something that looked like a second reference letter know what it asked? I talked to my volunteer verifier today and he said it was a pretty simple thing that didn't take long to fill out.

My volunteer verifier told me the questions and said they were very simple to answer. Could those who said their verifiers essentially had to write a reference letter elaborate?

Wait does the person who said there verifier got something that looked like a second reference letter know what it asked? I talked to my volunteer verifier today and he said it was a pretty simple thing that didn't take long to fill out.

My volunteer verifier told me the questions and said they were very simple to answer. Could those who said their verifiers essentially had to write a reference letter elaborate?

Yes I will!

They asked my verifier to explain my current employment position, in addition to asking for comments on the description that I had submitted. One question they were asked, which they thought was very weird, involved "If this person were to be accepted to medical school, how would this affect you financially?"

I suspect that the forms for verifiers are different for varying sections of the personal activities. My verifier stated that it felt like writing a second reference, because as stated earlier, they were were also my reference for UofA. Who knows, maybe the reference form is similar and require a similar amount of writing!

But that's all I know and I don't plan on asking my verifier any further questions about the process.

Yes I will!

They asked my verifier to explain my current employment position, in addition to asking for comments on the description that I had submitted. One question they were asked, which they thought was very weird, involved "If this person were to be accepted to medical school, how would this affect you financially?"

I suspect that the forms for verifiers are different for varying sections of the personal activities. My verifier stated that it felt like writing a second reference, because as stated earlier, they were were also my reference for UofA. Who knows, maybe the reference form is similar and require a similar amount of writing!

But that's all I know and I don't plan on asking my verifier any further questions about the process.

Really? Because I had a verifier contacted for current employment (also a reference) and a volunteering position. Both of them were asked the same questions as far as I can tell. 

Maybe my employment verifier was contacted as a EC verifier (also listed this there) whereas yours was contacted for an actual reference check. 

• 1 month later...

Archived